Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Cloned display, audio output combined into single playback device.

DHend5
Novice

I have an issue that is specific to newer drivers.

When the device has its display cloned to two external displays and these displays have integrated speakers these audio playback devices are combined within windows and audio output play through them all.

The device being used is a Dell Venue 11 Pro 7139, this device has the Intel Core i5-4300Y processor, which has the Intel HD Graphics 4200 graphics. This tablet is connected to the Dell tablet dock (the same issues is present on both the original version, and new version of the dock). Connected to the dock are two displays, one connected using HDMI, and the second connected using DisplayPort. Both of these displays have speakers and can be used as audio playback devices. When the user wants to clone the tablet display to the two external displays the available audio playback devices are combined into a single option.

This problem was not present using older versions of the drivers, if you were to use 15.33.28.64.3925 this works as it should both audio playback devices are available when the displays are cloned and can be selected independently. Using newer drivers this is no longer an option.

Because this is a dell device we would normally use the drivers supplied through dell, which is what we were doing while it worked. The original dell driver that worked on these machines was 15.33.28.64.3925 the dell driver version is 10.18.14.3925, A04. The newer version is 10.18.14.4222, A05 which would be Intel version 15.36.21.64.4222 this version does not . This issue is also present using the Intel driver 15.36.18.64.4156. Drivers newer than this have not been tested.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello redacted,

There is a new graphics driver in our site, please go head and give it a try https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25274/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10?httpDown=https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25274/eng/win64_15407.4279.exe win64_15407.4279.exe.

Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Amy

0 Kudos
DHend5
Novice

The driver that you suggested is not supported by this processor under windows 8.1, I am using an intel Core i5-4300Y, running Windows 8.164 bit Enterprise. In the release notes for this driver only windows 10 is supported on 4th generation intel core processors. When attempting to install the driver the user gets the message "This device does not meet the minimum requirements."

0 Kudos
DHend5
Novice

Also version 15.36.24.64.4264 does allow you to split the audio sources when the displayes are cloned as well.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I performed a lab under these circumstances and during it I was able to choose where the audio was going to be played, the lab was performed with the latest and older graphics driver.

Could you please sent us a snapshot of the issue, when the driver won't let choose the playback options.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
DHend5
Novice

The image below shows the advailable play back devices when using the newer drivers. If you want to select the EPSON PJ, it is combined with another audio playback device. It even has a "+ ..." next to the name to signify that there is another device. Here it is combining an EPSON PJ, and an Dell UZ2315H. It only does this when cloning the main display with the two external displays.

Here is what it looks like using the older drivers.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

It´s unfortunate that you have this issue, at this point since you tried our latest graphics driver with no success this I would recommend to contact Dell and escalated this issue to a higher support level.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos