Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Correlation between driver versions in Device Manager and Intel versions ?

etaus
Novice

Hi everybody,

The driver version that Device Manager informs is different from the version that Intel releases.

Without fully understanding why this happens, it would be really useful if at least we could have a correlation table between both of them ?

Am I missing something ? because it should be really easy and I cannot find it anywhere.

Currently, Device Manager shows for my N-6235 version 15.10.5.1 with driver date 31-Oct-13, while I have just installed Intel version 16.11.0, dated 21-Mar-14. When I saw the difference I thought that there had been some problem with the installation and re-installed, but then the installation software informed that the product was already installed and offered only to repair or uninstall.

So, I am concluding that while Intel version 16.11.0 is correctly installed, device mamager indicates 15.10.5.1

Can anyone explain this and if this is unavoidable, just produce a correlation table ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Intel gives different versions for their "Proset package" and the driver versions itself (the one you see on Windows) since the intel proset package contains different drivers (for 7260 [16.x.x.x or greater] and for Centrino [up to 15.x.x.x]).

0 Kudos
etaus
Novice

Thanks Peter !! This is what I was looking for.

0 Kudos