Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

After N6235 driver 16.11 installation, Device Manager indicates 16.6 installed

etaus
Novice

I have updated my N6235 with the latest driver available for win 8.1/64bits, which is 16.11.0

After update, Device Manager indicates 15.10.4.2 version installed, which according to the equivalence is a 16.6 Intel driver

If I run aganin the 16.11 installation package it shows that the driver is installed and only offers repair or uninstall

What is happening ? Is this a normal behaviour or should I look somewhere for a problem ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

At this time, Repair and Uninstall are the options you will normally get when Intel® Proset is already installed.

I suggest a complete uninstall of Intel® Proset Software from Programs and Features, restart the system, uninstall the driver from Device Manager, restart again, and finally, install the desired Intel® Proset Software. I believe this should force a clean installation and avoid any mismatch between the versions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

At this time, Repair and Uninstall are the options you will normally get when Intel® Proset is already installed.

I suggest a complete uninstall of Intel® Proset Software from Programs and Features, restart the system, uninstall the driver from Device Manager, restart again, and finally, install the desired Intel® Proset Software. I believe this should force a clean installation and avoid any mismatch between the versions.

0 Kudos
etaus
Novice
0 Kudos