Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel HD audio passthrough 5 second delay

RDutk
Beginner

I have upgraded my ITX motherboard recently from AMD A4-5000 to Intel J4205 and I discovered a bug in the pasthrough HDMI audio.

When I play a movie in Kodi there is a 5 second silence every time the player changes the audio format. I've checked it on my asus audio card and there is no delay like on my previous motherboard. I assume it's a driver related issue. I'm on Windows 10 x64.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Oomek,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the audio.

Please provide the following report https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* in order to gather more information regarding this matter.

Thank you.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RDutk
Beginner

I've attached the log you were asking for, but there is nothing there regarding audio as I have an analog audio disabled, I left only Intel Display Audio which I'm using through the HDMI and it's not in the log from what I see.

I forgot to mention that the delay is also messing up the audio test (right click on the audio device and test) only the last part of the test sound is playing or not playing at all.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the file. I wanted to check your drivers versions and other information.

Have you tried with the customized driver for your computer manufacturer? Find it here: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/Intel/VGA/VGA(v15.45.4.64.4494).zip http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/Intel/VGA/VGA(v15.45.4.64.4494).zip

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RDutk
Beginner

The driver you gave me the link to doesn't look like a custom driver but rather an older v4494 intel driver pack (Graphics and DisplayAudio). Anyway, it contains two DisplayAudio drivers 6.16 and 9.22

The latest v4849 driver pack contains DisplayAudio 10.24

I've tried all 3 but all of them have exactly the same issues I'm afraid

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that information /thread/120144 Oomek.

Please let's try with one of the first versions, use the method below to uninstall the current driver and re-install the older driver.

Steps to uninstall:

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver.
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Steps to install: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and...

Find the driver here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=96552 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.46]

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RDutk
Beginner

I've already tried that. Could you please file a bug report to your driver developement team please? I have my PC connected to the SONY STR DN-1050 receiver

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you /thread/120144 Oomek.

Let me see what I can do, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/120144 Oomek, I would like to gather more information regarding this matter, please fill out the following form and post it here: . Please make sure to include steps to reproduce and any sample file(s) we can use to review. One more thing, try to replicate the issue without the receiver, just to have a baseline and let us know the results.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RDutk
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Asrock J4205-ITX

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Integrated

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-top: none; border-right: 1pt solid wind...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you /thread/120144 Oomek.

I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/120144 Oomek, thank you for your patience.

At this stage we have been unable to reproduce the behavior. Our test bed consisted of an Onkyo TX-NR747 AV Receiver using the same driver version, this is suggesting that the issue could be compatibility with your specific receiver. We suggest checking with the manufacturer for any Firmware update for the receiver.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos