Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

84F2: BaseBoard Management Controller failed to respond

ЮКров
Beginner

После выключения и включения сервера стартуют все вентиляторы на полную мощность.

В Bios появилась ошибка 84F2.

Как исправить с чем может быть связана?

After the server is turned off and on, all the fans start at full capacity.

In Bios error 84F2 appeared.

How to fix? And what can it be?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello YurKro,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Could you please let us know your server model?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
ЮКров
Beginner

Intel s1200BTL motherboard

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that information.

I am moving your thread to the Servers Community for more assistance regarding this matter.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello There,

Your inquiry has been transferred to the server support team. According to the information, you are having a problem trying to boot the server board S1200BTL, with an error message 84F2.I will recommend testing the board with minimum configuration first.· Remove all memory and power up the server.· Also, clear the CMOS:o Power down the server. Do not unplug the power cord.o Open the server chassis. For instructions, see your server chassis documentation.o Move the jumper from the default operating position (covering pins 1 and 2) to the reset/clear position (covering pins 2 and 3).o Wait five seconds.o Remove AC power.o Move the jumper back to the default position (covering pins 1 and 2).o Close the server chassis.o Power up the server· Connect one memory Dimm for testing Please help me with the configuration you have right now, type and model of the CPU and also the memory. Also, any additional card connected to the board.You can find more information on the http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/g13326007_s1200bt_tps_r2_4.pdf Technical Product Support manual.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
ЮКров
Beginner

Ok we'll try today.

Here is report about server.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello There,

Thank you for an update. Please let me know how it goes with the testing. Also, if you so kind to provide us with the information in English.

Thank you for your time and patience

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
ЮКров
Beginner

all is ok instruction worked for me

BMC and IPMI are working now

coolers run normally.

0 Kudos