Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

Intel HD 4000 with Displayport Return from Standby Problem

idata
Employee

I am using Windows 7 x64 SP1 and Intel driver 10.18.10.4653. I have one monitor with multiple connections and I am using Displayport as my main display and extending to Thunderbolt to HDMI converter for a second connection to my monitor. I have had numerous problems with Intel Displayport and the HDMI monitor connection allows me to attempt to fix it when it decides to stop working or provide no display.

When I return from Standby the Displayport screen resolution is only 640x480 and the Thunderbolt/HDMI screen is working normally and has become my primary display. I have to go into control panel Display Change Display Settings and click Detect to get my display detected again as it uses a Generic monitor. Prior to entering Standby my monitors driver is working.

This is getting a bit of a nuisance having to do this every time my PC returns from Standby.

Can anyone provide any help in fixing this so that Displayport is detected correctly, remains my primary display and the display does not go into the ultra low resolution?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

lister.of.smeg: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities. We are sorry to hear the computer is not working properly.

In order to try to fix this problem, we recommend to install the graphics drivers provided by the manufacturer of the computer.

If the problem persists after that, since the system is working with Intel® HD 4000 graphics, we can try to install driver 4425, it is older than the driver the computer currently has installed but it will let us know if the problem could be related to a regression bug:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=81499 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=81499

What is the model of the motherboard?

What is the model of the processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of the laptop?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Alberto R

I uninstalled the driver, rebooted and then reinstalled the same driver. That does seem to have fixed it because I am no longer getting the same problems now.

Previously, I did not notice the problem because I could not use standby due to a PSU problem which tended to cause instability when returning from standby. I purchased a new Seasonic PSU which works properly so I was able to use Standby. That was when the problems showed themselves.

It is a desktop motherboard, Asus P8Z77-V Premium

Intel i7-3770K CPU

No hardware changes but I had installed a number of items of software. Not using standby prior to the new PSU meant I would not of seen any problem.

For now it seems to be solved.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi lister.of.smeg: Perfect, thank you very much for providing those results. We are glad to hear the problem got fixed.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos