Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Centrino N2230 fails scan test

dReap
Beginner

I'm working on my first build and it has been more stressful than I'd like.

This is a Gigabyte GA-Z77N wireless Motherboard w/ Centrino N2230 intel i5 3570k CPU

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS.

I installed drivers uptodate 16.6.6.0 S64 (11/13/2013).

I use TimeWarner cable w/ an Apple Airport Router.

I am unable to detect any networks w/ the Centrino however. there are usually 4-5 networks available from my neighbors.

Using the Manual test, it passes the hardware and Wifi Radio button test, but gets stuck at Scan.

I've seen other posts about this and have tried adjusting properties of the N2230 (wifi roaming to 5 for example) without any luck.

Do I have a bad network card? What's the best way to proceed?

BTW, my laptop/iPad have no problem accessing network so I doubt it is any sort of local/geographical issue.

I'll take any tips/advice.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The best recommendation is to contact the motherboard manufacturer since they provided the means for this wireless hardware integration. You may also want to verify with them if this wireless adapter is approved to be used in your computer.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-011644.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade

0 Kudos