Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Why does my SR300 use R200's Person Tracking Emoticon Recognition to recognize only happy and neutral? Six other emoticons do not recognize (Surprised, Disgusted, Sadness ...)

wwu22
Beginner

Why does my SR300 use R200's Person Tracking Emoticon Recognition to recognize only happy and neutral? Six other emoticons do not recognize (Surprised, Disgusted, Sadness ...)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I researched your problem carefully and confirmed that Person Tracking does support more expressions than just neutral and happiness. I see that more expressions than just neutral and happiness are defined in the Person Tracking sample's source code, as you highlighted in your picture of the code.

https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?personexpressionsenum_personexpressions_pxcpersontrackingdata.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R2 Documentation

I wonder if the reason for certain expressions not being detected is that your face is not making the exact kind of pose that the camera is looking for. It is my experience of RealSense gesture detection that RealSense's idea of what a certain gesture should look like is is not always the same as what the user thinks it should be, and unfortunately there are not illustrations to show what the pose should be.

I would recommend trying to make a lot of different expressions (such as 'mouth turned down and eyebrows frowned to try to detect Angry) and see what gets trggered.

0 Kudos
wwu22
Beginner

Thank you very much for your reply, but no matter how my facial expression expands, I can not detect the remaining six facial expressions. Perhaps the SR300 does not support other facial expressions.Will R200 can? Can you give me a try?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I cannot check the program whilst running myself as my SR300 is not working properly at this time.

I checked the source code again and the program does support all of the expressions. So maybe the camera is having trouble seeing the face properly. Next, I would try moving your head a bit further away from the camera to ensure that the camera can see your facial landmarks clearly.

0 Kudos
wwu22
Beginner

I tried two of the SR300's camera, the expression of doing enough exaggeration, the distance has also been adjusted N times, but still can not detect! I want to ask SR200 can it?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The documentation for Person Tracking says that it supports SR300. As this particular sample program is for the R200 only though, it may have possible compatibility issues with the SR300. If it worked for certain with both cameras then it would be placed in the 'Common' section of the Sample Browser instead of only in the 'R200' category.

0 Kudos