Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel HD 620 on Yoga 920 laptop not displaying full RGB over usb-c

DTong1
Beginner

I have a Yoga 920 laptop with Intel HD 620 graphics, only usb-c ports, and no HDMI port. I bought a usb-c to HDMI adapter and have it connected to my LG television. The blacks are gray. The black level is set to "high" on the TV by default, which uses full RGB. If I set it to "low", which uses limited RGB, the blacks look normal. This means the Intel graphics is sending a limited RGB signal to my TV. How do I change it to full RGB? Normally, if outputting via HDMI from a dedicated HDMI port, there would be a "quantization" option in the Intel graphics control panel to switch from limited to full RGB. However, since this is through usb-c, there is no such option in the control panel. My previous laptop with a different usb-c adapter had the same issue of missing quantization settings.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello silverwolf0

Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities.

I understand you would like to get the color reproduction done properly.

For sure we can check this out in order to look for a possible solution or reasoning.

To get this done, let's gather up some data to have a clearer understanding of the scenario faced.

Please check and provide the info requested here:

Pictures of the problem reproduced would be great as well.

Thank,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello silverwolf0

This is to do a follow up on your post and find out if the previous answer was checked.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
ALo6
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same issue on a HP Spectre 13 x360 with UHD 620 graphics!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team, z3frog.

I sent you a private message, please verify your inbox.

Antony S.
0 Kudos