Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 Installation problems on Win10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.19

DWoo1
Beginner

I'm able to install the drivers and SDK on my Dell laptop.

When I run realsense-viewer.exe, I can start the RGB camera and get a video feed.

When I start the coded-light depth sensor, a child window open and closes, the camera sources close, the usb plugin sound plays, and the camera sources reopen.

In my Device Manager, under the Camera node, I have the Intel SR300 Depth node and the Intel SR300 RGB node.

Under the Imaging devices node, I have the Intel SR300 Virtual Driver node.

Under the USB devices node, I have the Intel Camera SR300 node.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I have similar behaviour with SDK 2.0 with my SR300 (RGB fine but depth starts up and shuts down). The workaround for me was to plug in a partially charged tablet into a USB port to tell the PC to send power to USB. The camera works fine then, at least til the tablet is fully charged and the camera stops working again til the next time the tablet is less than 100%

My process is documented in the link below.

0 Kudos
DWoo1
Beginner

Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't work with my iphone and no usb hub. Will try again after I get a usb hub.

0 Kudos
DWoo1
Beginner

I tried an unpowered usb hub and the camera could not be recognized in the realsense-viewer.exe.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Have you tried plugging the RealSense camera into the USB 3.0 port on the computer and then plugging your partially charged phone into the unpowered hub whilst the phone is switched off? Then starting the RealSense Viewer after that and see if the camera will work.

0 Kudos
DWoo1
Beginner

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried it. Same problems as the original problems.

I think I have the same problems as the DCM drivers with Creators Update. May just have to wait til they fix the librealsense drivers.

Or find a Windows 8 computer.

0 Kudos
DWoo1
Beginner

MartyG

Thanks for your help.

I finally got the SR300 to work.

I plugged the SR300 into a powered USB 3 hub

I followed the instructions in the following webpage

I could not get the instructions to work as written. Mainly, due to no action center or toast notification.

I believe 2 main things got it to work.

(1) More power to the camera.

(2) The Intel virtual driver loaded.

Daniel

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm really glad you got your SR300 to work.

0 Kudos
RWago
Beginner

Hello SR300 experts,

I recently purchase the depth sensor new and have been trying to get device to install for a couple of days. I've reviewed the forum and tried the various unplug/plug, uninstall the driver and related scenarios with no success. The camera app connects and works as expected but only one virtual driver shows partial install. I've include the following screen pics and event viewer report that has a folder reference to a location that doesn't exist nor any of those files on the drive. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\RSDCM_SR300". I'm looking forward to working with this sensor.

Thanks in advance.

--RW

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 2/21/2018 7:45:09 AM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: NUC

Description:

Faulting application name: RealSenseDCMSR300.exe, version: 3.3.27.5718, time stamp: 0x57e3d0c6

Faulting module name: IVCAM1_5.dll, version: 3.6.13.0, time stamp: 0x57d83634

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x000e2e61

Faulting process id: 0x15fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3ab2290ef15ef

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\RSDCM_SR300\bin\win32\RealSenseDCMSR300.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\RSDCM_SR300\bin\win32\IVCAM1_5.dll

Report Id: 646bfdd6-aca8-48ed-9eac-9dbf9566dce0

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Unfortunately the SR300 camera model is not compatible with Intel Atom processors. The models that should work with Atom are the new D415 and D435 camera models (which work with any Intel or ARM processor and only need a USB 3.0 connection).

The older R200 camera model can work with an Intel Atom Cherry Trail processor. Your processor's code number indicates it is an older Bay Trail Atom, so the D415 or D435 may be your best option.

If your SR300 was recently purchased from the Intel Click online store within the last 90 days, you may be able to begin the process for filing a claim for a refund by emailing mailto:click.support@intel.com click.support@intel.com

0 Kudos
RWago
Beginner

Thanks for the quick response. I'll utilize the SR300 with another compliant system.

--RW

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The ideal fit for an SR300 is an Intel Core processor that is at least 6th generation (Skylake). It is also compatible with newer 7th and 8th generation Intel Core processors A 6th generation processor is indicated by its code number beginning with '6', such as '6770HQ'. This numbering rule for generations also applies to past and later generations (e.g 4 and 5 for 4th and 5th generation, and 7 and 8 for 7th and 8th generations).

Best of luck!

0 Kudos
RWago
Beginner

Thanks for the information.

--RW

0 Kudos