Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Windows 10 startup problem: Intel RST RAID0 Volume with Windows 10 OS not detected

sjupi
Beginner

Motherboard Model Name:

Asrock Z370 Taichi P1.20

Intel Core i3 8350K 4x 4.00GHz

2x8GB DDR4-3200 DIMM

6GB Palit GeForce 1060

250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 32Gb/s

UEFI Settings:

Advanced>>SATA Mode Selection:

Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane system Acceleration(Raid Mode)

Advanced>>Launch Storage OprOM Policy:

UEFI only

Advanced>>M2_1 - RST Pcie Storage Remapping: Enabled (Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB)

Advanced>>M2_2 - RST Pcie Storage Remapping: Enabled (Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB)

Advanced>>Intel Rapid Storage Technology:

RAID Volume: M2_1 und M2_2 running in RAID0

Windows 10 (64bit) is installed on the RAID0 Volume.

I had to install the Intel RST Drivers:

ftp://europe.asrock.com/Drivers/Intel/SATA/Floppy%28v15.8.0.1006%29.zip ftp://europe.asrock.com/Drivers/Intel/SATA/Floppy(v15.8.0.1006).zip >> f6flpy-x64

during the Windows 10 (64bit) installation to see the RAID0 Volume.

Everything worked fine and very fast. Unfortunately I started the automatic recovery mode in the windows boot manager (Intel Raid Mode).

Afterwards, the RAID0 Volume was not detected anymore. So I'm not able to start windows 10 anymore.

I'm only able to start the "windows boot manager", where I have two options:

- Troubleshooting

- PC shut down

Starting the Automatic Recovery Mode does not solve the problem.

The M.2 drives are detected in the UEFI, but not in the boot manager. I'm also not able to choose them as a boot device.

My assumption is, that Intels RST drivers got lost.

My question is now, how to install Intels RST drivers without a complete new installation of windows 10? I just want to recover the boot manager.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello saturnJupiter,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.

I understand that you are having issues a RAID 0 volume that is no longer detected after starting the system in automatic recovery mode.

I do apologize for the inconvenience, but in this situation the only possible option would be reinstalling the operating system, which is a data destructive process.

In order to do so, you need to access the Intel® RST ROM mode to delete the current RAID volume, install the operating system in a non-RAID drive, and the create the RAID 0 volume again with Intel® RST.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos