Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Intel HD Graphic blue screen

wboua
Beginner

Hello people,

I've been having this trouble since the last Windows10 update (when the people thingy added in the taskbar).

Now my problem is, when I'm spectating or playing a game in League of Legends, I tab out the game to my desktop, then go back to the game, the game crash for 10 seconds or more, then I get blue screen telling me something about failing to start display driver, and thne my computer restarts.

I thought maybe it's because of the Windows10 update, since I shutdown my PC after it downloaded the updates, then installed it the next morning, I uninstalled the Intel HD Graphic driver from programs and features, I got a resolutoion from 1920x1080 to 640x480, then updated it from the device manager and the resolution went back to normal.

But I'm still having this issue until now and I have no idea how to resolve it, for some reason, I can not download the lastest Intel HD graphic update from the official intel site.

My technical computer specifications are:

-Computer name: ASUS REPUBLIC OF GAMERS (ROG) STRIX

-Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

-CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 2.50GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

-RAM: 12.0GB Dual-Channel @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39)

-Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL553VD (U3E1)

-Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz) - Intel HD Graphics 630 (ASUStek Computer Inc) - 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

-GPU Installed Driver Version (Latest): 388.13 WHQL 2017.9.10 with 435.78 MB Size ForceWare version: 385.41 (SLI Disabled)

-Storage: 931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA)

-Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUE1N

-Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Now I know that the Intel graphic card is the one who manage the desktop applications, but this might be the problem of the blue screen after I tab in the game.

Any advice or help tips would be very appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

NoxianWill schrieb:

But I'm still having this issue until now and I have no idea how to resolve it, for some reason, I can not download the lastest Intel HD graphic update from the official intel site.

Intel HD Graphics 630...

Get drivers from this list: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98909/Intel-HD-Graphics-630 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 630

wboua
Beginner

I will try this, thanks for the support

0 Kudos
KThor
Beginner

I am having the same problem since the Windows 10 Fall edition update, I can no longer enable GPU acceleration in Photoshop CC. each time I do, I get a Driver Power Failure BSOD. I have installed the Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows Version: 15.60.0.4849 and the Nvidia 388.13 WHQL 2017.9.10. I have tried to disable the power settings to get stability using the below steps. Which has also not resolved the issue.

1. Navigate to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound and Power Options.

2. Select 'Change power settings' next to the active power plan.

3. Select 'Change advanced power settings' text link.

4. Select 'Change settings that are currently unavailable'.

5. Find Graphics Settings or PCI Express and Link State Power Management and set to Maximum performance, depending on what computer you have.

6. Find Wireless Adapter Settings and set to Maximum performance.

7. Reboot your computer and retest.

My specs are:

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz 43 °C Kaby Lake 14nm Technology RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39) Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL553VD (U3E1) Graphics Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics 630 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 38 °C ForceWare version: 388.31 SLI Disabled Storage 119GB SanDisk SD8SNAT128G1002 (SSD) 26 °C 931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA) 32 °C Optical Drives Slimtype DVD A DA8AESH Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

0 Kudos
MBoyd2
Beginner

I am having the same problem as you, exact same model computer but with World of Warcraft. I just tried installing the new NVIDEA driver which came out today, and I will be flashing my bios to the latest version which came out yesterday shortly. I will post an update most likely tomorrow to see if this fixes the issue, but if not I will be contacting Asus to start the RMA process as I believe this might be a hardware issue with the screen. I will also try the Intel update which is linked in responses before tomorrow.

0 Kudos