Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

HD Graphics 4000 not working with Firefox 57.0

GKnig
Beginner

Firefox updated itself to V57.0. Afterwards Firefox became unusable. A number of users on Firefox forums report that it is a problem with Intel HD Graphics 4000 drivers.

Symptoms: Very slow with very frequent freezing of Firefox 57.0 for up to 20 seconds.

Environment: Windows 10 Creators Fall 2017 Edition Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver 07/04/2017 10.18.10.4653 - latest available.

Fixes tried: Disable HW acceleration webgl.disabled=true Neither worked

Tried MS Driver: Uninstalled device and deleted driver. Windows installed a generic driver.

• Firefox then worked normally.
  • Generic driver is not an acceptable solution because it does not support the size of my monitor - it is a 4:3 window on a 9:16 display.

Reinstalled latest Intel driver - problem recurred.

Has anybody found a solution or does the drivers need to be updated?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello GeorgeJK,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.

I understand that you are having issues with Firefox® 57 and the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 controller.

You mentioned that a generic driver is not an acceptable solution for you, and since the driver provided by Intel® is generic, you can try contacting your computer or motherboard manufacturer for assistance on troubleshooting the driver they provide with for their system.

However, as for the generic driver provided by Intel®, we can to replicate the issue in our labs to be able to find a solution for you.

Per procedure to replicate the issue, please follow the next link to find a table. Reply to this post and add that table answering all the requested information.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
GKnig
Beginner

Xavier A,

I initially investigated this problem with Mozilla, the developers of Firefox, and it was from there that it was suggested that the problem was with the drivers for Intel HD Graphics 4000, Subsequenly they have advised me to change a Firefox configuration setting that seems to have bypassed or resolved the problem.

I think that for now the best action will be to close this bug report.

Thank you for your help and appologies for any inconvenience.

George.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GeorgeJK,

You are very welcome. I hope that you can find a solution for this issue soon.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos