cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue using DC P3700 in Storage Spaces Direct.

SSurl
New Contributor

Hello All!

I am using 2 800GB DC P3700's as cache drives in a Storage Spaces Direct Implementation. There seems to be a huge issue using this drive as it is affecting the performance of the overall cluster. There has been an article posted by Microsoft concerning the issue and a small suggestion to remedy the event from popping up, but not actually fixing the storage issue. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4052341/slow-performance-or-lost-communication-io-error-det... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4052341/slow-performance-or-lost-communication-io-error-det...

I have all the SSDs on the latest firmware provided and I am just wondering if Intel is working on this issue, or if there has been any recommendations by Intel to resolve this issue.

- Intel SSD DC P3700 Series CVFT724500ME800QGN -

Bootloader : 8B1B0133

DevicePath : \\\\.\\PHYSICALDRIVE0

DeviceStatus : Healthy

Firmware : 8DV101H0

FirmwareUpdateAvailable : The selected Intel SSD contains current firmware as of this tool release.

Index : 0

ModelNumber : INTEL SSDPE2MD800G4

ProductFamily : Intel SSD DC P3700 Series

SerialNumber : CVFT724500ME800QGN

- Intel SSD DC P3700 Series CVFT724500DP800QGN -

Bootloader : 8B1B0133

DevicePath : \\\\.\\PHYSICALDRIVE1

DeviceStatus : Healthy

Firmware : 8DV101H0

FirmwareUpdateAvailable : The selected Intel SSD contains current firmware as of this tool release.

Index : 1

ModelNumber : INTEL SSDPE2MD800G4

ProductFamily : Intel SSD DC P3700 Series

SerialNumber : CVFT724500DP800QGN

1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi SeanS617,

We understand your situation regarding the performance of the Intel® SSD DC P3700 Series.

We see that you have a technical case created with your local support team and they are checking this information for you, we suggest you continue the support with them. If you have any other questions then feel free to contact us again.

Feel free to share any comments.

Regards,

Junior M.