Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

WIll the Intel 9260 ever be supported on Windows 7?

CFree6
Beginner

Sorry if this is a dumb question but this 9260 Wireless NIC is fairly new so I thought I'd ask.

Does Intel have any plans to release a 9260 driver for Windows 7?

I really don't want to have to use Windows 10 just to be able to use this wireless NIC.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The answer is NO. The M.2 versions of the modules are only supported only Windows 10. The older M.1 (mini-PCIe) modules are still supported on Windows 7, though I am sure Intel plans to drop this support as well sometime soon.

I too much prefer Windows 7, but am bowing to the inevitable. You can always kill all the app stuff and it is sort of like Windows 7 then...

...S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The answer is NO. The M.2 versions of the modules are only supported only Windows 10. The older M.1 (mini-PCIe) modules are still supported on Windows 7, though I am sure Intel plans to drop this support as well sometime soon.

I too much prefer Windows 7, but am bowing to the inevitable. You can always kill all the app stuff and it is sort of like Windows 7 then...

...S