Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 - No Wi-Fi networks found

MNied2
Beginner

Hi

I've just installed the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 on my motherboard as I wanted to get rid of the USB Wi-Fi stick I'm currently using to connect to my Wi-Fi router. Unfortunately, Wireless-AC 7265 cannot find any networks as you can see in the attachment available_networks.PNG. "Wi-Fi" is the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 whereas "Wi-Fi 3" is the USB Wi-Fi stick as you can see in the attachment network_connections.PNG.

I have tried the following things so far:

- Installed the newest drivers from Intel: WiFi_20.50.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe

- Updated the BIOS to the newest version

- Installed all available Windows Updates

Also, I have tried to uninstall the USB Wi-Fi stick in the Device Manager in hope that this is somehow interfering. Unfortunately, that didn't help either.

I hope someone is able to help.

Thanks in advance,

Marco

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Marco,

Thanks for posting in our communities.

By the issue description and troubleshooting steps you've performed, it seems one of the antennas might not be properly connected (which explains why no networks are being detected).

Please reinstall the adapter and make sure the antennas are properly connected.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Marco,

Thanks for posting in our communities.

By the issue description and troubleshooting steps you've performed, it seems one of the antennas might not be properly connected (which explains why no networks are being detected).

Please reinstall the adapter and make sure the antennas are properly connected.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
MNied2
Beginner

The issue was indeed the antennas. It has been resolved. Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nieder85,

Thanks for your reply. It is good to know you were able to solve the issue.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
Mitch26
Beginner

I have installed my new wireless AC 7265 M2 card and updated the drivers but although the computer recognized the device it can not find any network even when positioned very close to the router. I have read in other posts on this subject that this might be caused by the antennas, what antennas ? I have only received an M2 card from the vendor and I thougt the antennas were inside the card. Am supposed to have external antennas and if so where do you plug them ?

I feel a little bit stupid about these antennas but even so I need some clarification. Thanks

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No antennas? You won't connect from any distance without them.

There are two ways to look at this:

1. If you want your antennas inside your PC, you need an internal antenna kit like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DB6ZG3B.
  2. If you want support for antennas outside your PC, you need a kit that includes extension cables and external antennas that connect to them, like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QKF18KM.

Both of these connect to the teeny little U.FL IPEX MHF4 connectors on the card. These are tough to connect! I have done it lots and still struggle sometimes.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos