Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Games not scaling properly (Celeron J1900)

NBeer1
Beginner

Hello Community,

My grandma is using an Acer PC with an Intel Celeron J1900. Her monitor has a resolution of 1280 x 1024. But many of her games (mostly cheap candy-crush-style games) are not being scaled properly. When in fullscreen mode, the game is just in a small area in the center with a big black area around them.

I tried updating the drivers and re-installing them, but it didn't help. I also read here that scaling down the resolution and choosing to scale it up in the Intel display settings, but that didn't help. Even when I just left the settings at a smaller resolution, when the game started, it looked to my like it went back to the screen's native resolution with the game being small in the center.

With her previous computer (also intel graphics) and the same screen, these games worked fine.

I (and my grandma ) would be very happy if someone has any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Ireeb. Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than happy to assist you.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it to your desktop).

4. Attach the .txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Furthermore, please provide me with an https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html Intel® Graphics Report while the monitor is connected to the computer. Also, I would like to know which type of cable and ports you are using to achieve the connection between the monitor and the computer? And, may please have the model of the monitor? Additionally, have you tried to update the BIOS of the system? And, are there any drivers provided by your monitor manufacturer that you can install?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Ireeb.

I would like to know if you still need assistance. If so, please share on this thread the information requested in the post above.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
NBeer1
Beginner

Hello and thanks for your message,

Sorry, I almost forgot about this, thanks for reminding me.

I have attached the requested reports to this message.

The monitor is a Yakumo TFT 17 (780), connected via VGA.

(Yes I am aware that that's a very old screen, and I have never seen this brand before, but on her previous PC it worked just fine and it's usually good enough for my grandmother's purposes )

I didn't run a BIOS updates yet, and I would prefer to do so only if everything else fails.

Thanks again for your help!

- Noah B.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Ireeb. Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided.

By checking the attached documents, I can see that your graphics drivers are outdated. Please download the latest graphics drivers (4885) by clicking https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27417/a08/win64_15.33.46.4885.zip here and, in order to complete the installation, please follow this guide: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Please be aware that the driver I am sharing with you is a generic driver from Intel® and some features of it might not be available for your machine, we always recommend verifying if there is any update with the manufacturer of the computer. Nevertheless, we can try to perform this troubleshooting step.

Please make sure as well that Windows* is up to date.

Let us know how it goes.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Ireeb.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached to the post above and the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos