Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 - again.

CThom16
Beginner

I just ran the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, and it informed me there is an update available for my Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (currently have Intel Graphic Driver for Windows 4889, update is 4963). However upon downloading and attempting to install this update I was informed that my system does not meet the minimum requirements. After some investigation I discovered that this update will only install for fourth generation Intel Core Processors (mine is a Core i5-4460) if the system is running Windows 10, which mine is not. So why did it tell me the update was available?

This is not the first time this has happened, occurring less than a year ago with a previous attempted Intel Graphic Driver for Windows update (from 15.36.33.4578 to 15.40.34.4624).

Any chance of this being addressed again in the near future?

Cheers,

Craig.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello CraigWT,

I understand that your Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant is showing you a driver that is not the appropriate one for your system.

Regarding this, in order to assist you the best possible, I will need you to provide me with the Operating System that you are running. Also, if possible please provide me with screenshots showing the driver that it is trying to install as well as screenshots of the error message you receive when attempting to let the tool run.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
CThom16
Beginner

Thank you for your reply David.

My operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit. I've attached the requested screen shots.

Cheers,

Craig.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CraigWT,

Thank you for your response.

I am currently reviewing all of the information, I will proceed to check if there is any way to fix this problem. Please allow me some time, I will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CraigWT,

Thank you for your patience.

I apologize for the long delay, we are currently still working on this. However, in order to continue, please provide me the logs that you can find in the following path:

C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

Once you find them, please provide me those log files.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
CThom16
Beginner

G'day David,

Thank you for continuing to investigate this problem.

I have attached the requested log files.

Cheers,

Craig.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CraigWT,

I will continue investigating about this issue. I will be getting back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CraigWT,

Thank you for patiently waiting and I apologize for the long delay.

I would like to know if you have tried updating the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant to the latest version which was released not long ago. If not, please refer to the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Make sure to first uninstall the version that is currently installed in your systems, once this is done, please proceed with installing the newer version.

Let me know the outcome please.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
CThom16
Beginner

G'day David,

I updated the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant to the latest version. It tells me there is the update available, for the Intel HD Graphics 4600. When I click on "Download all updates" it immediately moves to "Install downloads", suggesting that it must be reading the version on my computer that it downloaded previously, but was unable to install, is the same download it is trying to give me now. If I click on "Install Downloads" it eventually comes up with the "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" as previously.

Thanks for your continued efforts.

Craig.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CraigWT,

Thank you for keeping me up to date, since the update has been applied but to no avail since the driver still shows, we will need to look into this a little more. Now that it has been updated, please provide me with the logs again from:

/thread/125088 C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

Once we have this we will look into it even more to attempt and fix your problem.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
WLock1
Beginner

I'm having the same problem and same operating system- Windows 7 64b with the Intel 4600 card.

I uninstalled the old driver.

Rebooted in safe mode to keep Windows from auto installing the VGA default.

Once signed back into Windows I ran the update from the website again.

This time it said:

"This Operating System is not Supported"

0 Kudos
CThom16
Beginner

G'day David,

Here are the log files.

Cheers,

Craig.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CraigWT,

Thank you for your response and patience.

We have been working in order to fix this problem and it appears to now be solved. However, we still need to test it so please go ahead and re-scan your system to see if the issue persists or if it is gone.

Let me know the outcome please.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
WLock1
Beginner

It works great now, this is what I am showing:

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36]

Latest version: x.x.x.4889

Installed Version: x.x.x.4889

0 Kudos
CThom16
Beginner

G'day David V,

After installing the updated Driver and Support Assistant and running it I am told everything is up to date.

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers,

Craig.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CraigWT,

I am really glad to know that the issue has been solved and it is working great now. I will proceed to close this request, remember, if you need any more help do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos