Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

RX Vega M GH/GL -- HBCC

Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Hi folks,

got my NUC8i7HVK last Friday and had time to check a few things over the weekend. Awesome little gaming device

The RX Vega GH/GL seems to be more related to the Polaris architecture than to Vega, looking at the compute units (dxcapsviewer; MS SDK). No big deal here.

However, there were some other features advertised on the Kaby Lake - G slides from January:

Looking at discrete Vega graphics cards, there is an option within the drivers that allows to address additional main memory to the graphics card via HBCC.

This option is missing in the current driver release for RX Vega M GH/GL (e.g. Hades Canyon).

Is there a plan to add an option for this features within the drivers?

Thanks and regards,

Loeschzwerg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Loeschzweg. Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel Communities Team. I will do my best to assist you further.

Allow me to verify if this information is available. I will be back to you soon.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Loeschzweg. Thank you for your patience.

Allow me to inform you that at this moment we can not comment unreleased products or future driver updates and enhancements. My suggestion, in this case, is to keep your graphics drivers up to date and check the Release Notes that comes with each driver release so you can verify if this is added to future releases.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Hi Antony,

thanks for your reply. I hope there will be an update with this feature soon (or if not we will get an official announcement). HMS (HBCC memory segment) could help when the GPU is running out of HBM2 memory.

Kind regards,

Löschzwerg

0 Kudos