Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Intel HD 4600 driver for Windows 10 April update (1803)

CWeng4
Novice

I noticed that even the latest driver form the Intel site(15.40.38.4963) Is not compatible for Windows 10 April update,and my dedicated graphics card is always on now

I hope Intel will release a Windows 10 April update driver for the Intel HD 4600 integrated graphic.

6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello CrimsonFire17,

I understand that you are looking for a compatible driver with Windows 10 April update.

Regarding this, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, please let me know exactly why you consider that the driver is not working with that update. Are you getting any problems? Have you tried changing the default graphics controller from the control panel?

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
RIssa1
Novice

This is a simple question not requiring DxDiag.

This is the current Intel NUC (7th gen) machine I have as well with these being the latest drivers listed

Version: 15.65.4.4944 (Latest) Date: 3/5/2018

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27628/NUCs-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i3BN-NUC7i5BN-and-NUC7i7BN?product=95067 Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10* for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BN, NUC7i5BN, and NUC7i7BN

The latest Kaby Lake graphics drivers are here and should be installable:

Version: 24.20.100.6025 (Latest) Date: 4/26/2018

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10

When those of us on an eligible NUC try to install the first drivers, it says its not validated.

Can intel please port the generic drivers so that they can install on the NUC. There's nothing special that needs to happen here other than Intel modifying the installer config allowing install... the general drivers should work for our NUC but a block is placed on the installer config file.

The April Win10 update has been around for over a month and there's lacking features (i.e. HDR compatibility) not available until the updated drivers are provided (which contain revised WDDM capabilities).

The general drivers have been posted more than 10 days ago without a NUC modified driver release provided.

When is Intel going to provide us NUC owners with this driver?
0 Kudos
CWeng4
Novice

Here is it.

Yes,when I updated to Windows 1803,the dedicated graphics will always on,it won't switch back to integrated graphics.

And yes,I sure they are using the integrated graphics,just the dedicated graphic card won't switch off.

I have the problem when I updated to the latest nVIDIA driver(397.31),it seems fine when using the previous version of the nVIDIA driver,could be a compatibility problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CrimsonFire17,

Thank you for your response,

I was double-checking the information you have sent and the drivers we currently have and yes, we need to wait for an official NUC driver to be released. We do not have information as to when that will be so I can recommend you to keep checking on our download center.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
CWeng4
Novice

Any news working on the new driver?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CrimsonFire17,

Thank you for your response,

We do not know when, or if it will be released. Since we are talking about a platform older than 5th Generation. An updated Intel® graphics driver is not required on legacy platforms (e.g. 5th Generation and older) for the new Microsoft Windows 10® April update (2018).

The existing Windows 10 ® graphics drivers will continue to work with the April update, however if there are any new issues caused by the Windows 10 April update on legacy platforms, our recommendation is to revert back to the previous Windows 10 version. For the best experience with the latest features introduced with the update, we suggest upgrading the platform with a minimum of 6th Generation processors or better."

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos