Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

No "Create" button in RST

GBart1
Beginner

There is no create button in Intel Rapid Storage Technology to be able to create a RAID 0.

Laptop came with Windows 10 Pro and the create button was there out of the box, but we need Enterprise Edition. After upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise, I installed IRST and there is no create button. The drives are still set to RAID 0 but there is no way to manage it.

Ideally, I would like to have this work from an image that my company uses. When imaging the laptop, it re-partitions the drives and therefore no RAID 0.

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello gary.l.bartram

Thank you for joining the community.

I looking into the in the Intel® RST report and I see that there is a RAID 0 that is built on the system using the hard drives using the hard drives plugged on your laptop

Array Name: SATA_Array_0000

Size: 1,953,524 MB

Available space: 3 MB

Number of volumes: 1

Volume member: Volume_0000

Number of array disks: 2

Array disk: 0000_0000_0000_0010_0008_0D02_0040_225D.

Array disk: 0000_0000_0000_0010_0008_0D02_0040_2270.

Disk data cache: Enabled

Volume name: Volume_0000

Type: RAID 0

Size: 1,953,520 MB

System volume: Yes

Data stripe size: 16 KB

Write-back cache: Off

Parity errors: 0

Blocks with media errors: 0

Physical sector size: 512 Bytes

Logical sector size: 512 Bytes

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GBart1
Beginner

Here is another laptop that the drives were not converted to RAID 0 before upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. Still no "Create" button. I need to be able to convert the 2 - 1TB drives for maximum performance.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

Thank you for your response.

I am looking into the reports and the information that you have provided, I am seeing that on your drive management picture that in your D drive you have tow system partitions (EFI system and recovery system), Intel® RST is probably not giving you the option to create the RAID 0 because it is detecting those partitions, now, the situation here is that if you delete those partitions on the D driver and they are related to the OS on the C drive you may damage your OS.

In case you want to proceed to create the RAID 0, I recommend creating a backup of the data on your system before taking any actions.

You can either try deleting the partitions on D drive to have the drive to unallocated space, or you can format both drives and reinstall the OS.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello gary.l.bartram

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GBart1
Beginner

Looking to see if there is an update on how to create RAID 0 on the drive on this laptop. If no response soon, I will install Windows 10 Pro and create RAID 0 on the drives and then re-install Windows 10 Enterprise. Not the ideal way to handle this...

0 Kudos