Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

gaming legend required..i have i5 7200u with 2gb 940mx nvidia graphics and 12gb ram.....still not getting proper gaming performance......only 60-70 fps in csgo (lowest setting possible) also i do have all driver in updated condition

SOber2
Beginner

only a legend can help me out

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TGrab1
New Contributor III

Hi GreenMachine,

While this setup should be able to run CSGO decently also keep in mind that you are not using a high-end gaming machine either.

The 7200u is a 2c/4T cpu that is clocked at 2.5ghz, but can boost up to 3.1ghz.

The 940mx is a lower end mid range gpu. For a comparison it is only about 35-40% better than the hd 620 built in to your cpu. As a comparison a regular 950 is about 440% better than the HD 620. A 960 jumps up to 600% and it just spirals upwards from there. In terms of nvidia numbering the 950 would be the exact mid range card for the 9xx series. Basically the 950 is 200% faster than the 940mx, which is why I call it a low end mid range gpu.

I guess my point is that this might be expected performance of that GPU. You would always try running it with the built in intel HD620 and see if you get better performance. If you do then you can at least narrow down the problem to that particular GPU. You cannot remove it, but you might discover a driver issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

So you have a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus technology.

Open NVIDIA control panel with right-click on desktop

select 3D settings

select program settings

click pulldown menu and scroll up/down until you find CSGO, if you don't find it add profile

if it reads prefered GPU = Intel, change it to NVIDIA and click apply button

SOber2
Beginner

i was already on gpu.....

appreciate your concern any other suggestion..Ty

0 Kudos
TGrab1
New Contributor III

Hi GreenMachine,

While this setup should be able to run CSGO decently also keep in mind that you are not using a high-end gaming machine either.

The 7200u is a 2c/4T cpu that is clocked at 2.5ghz, but can boost up to 3.1ghz.

The 940mx is a lower end mid range gpu. For a comparison it is only about 35-40% better than the hd 620 built in to your cpu. As a comparison a regular 950 is about 440% better than the HD 620. A 960 jumps up to 600% and it just spirals upwards from there. In terms of nvidia numbering the 950 would be the exact mid range card for the 9xx series. Basically the 950 is 200% faster than the 940mx, which is why I call it a low end mid range gpu.

I guess my point is that this might be expected performance of that GPU. You would always try running it with the built in intel HD620 and see if you get better performance. If you do then you can at least narrow down the problem to that particular GPU. You cannot remove it, but you might discover a driver issue.

0 Kudos