Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

HDMI doesn't work with HD 530

MGarc24
Beginner

Hello,

I've a MSI QL62 6QF with a Intel HD 530. The operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64-bits with all the updates.

The first time when plugged a HDMI cable on the laptop to a TV Philips, appears the image around 3 seconds and dissapears. After that, no more appears something on the TV. Sometimes appears a message on the TV saying "incorrect video format". If unplug and plug the cable, nothing appears. After install the latests drivers, nothing happens, continues with the same problem. I've uninstalled the latest drivers and installed again the drivers provided by the manufacturer, but continues with the same problem. I've download the Intel Driver Update Utility and install the drivers that appear there, but nothing. It's curious than sometimes after the installation drivers, the first time occurs the same, appears the image around 3 seconds and after dissapears for ever.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mabg,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, your best contact support is with your computer manufacturer as they are more familiar with your PC and how the components interact with each other. Contact your computer manufacturer, and have them verify the proper working functionality of your system.

However, you can try the following:
  1. First of all verify that the TV is set to the appropriate Input mode – specifically HDMI. Some TV's have multiple HDMI connections, so make sure you are using the correct one that corresponds to the port the cable is connected to.
  2. Check all connections to make sure there are no loose cables.
  3. Unplug the HDMI cable and plug it in again. Do not use any adapters; make sure you use straight HDMI connection.
  4. Check that the port is not disabled in the BIOS.
  5. Try troubleshooting using a different port or cable if one is available to you.

If the above does not work try this:
  1. Turn off the system, connect the external display and turn on the system.
  2. Right click on your desktop and click on "Graphics Properties"
  3. Once the Intel® HD Control Panel opens, click display.
  4. On General settings select the external display if it shows, you can choose it under the "Select Display Dropdown".
  5. Click the resolution dropdown and choose different resolution and low the refresh rate, click save.
  6. Then click multiple displays and choose the display mode you want.
  7. Make sure you save all the changes.
  8. Update the System BIOS via the instructions and BIOS software provided by your computer manufacturer.

If the suggestion above does not work, test with different HDMI cable if you have one available or test the TV with another system.

Note: If you are attempting to connect to a TV that supports 1080p, 4K, 3D or Deep Color, you will need to use a High Speed HDMI Cable. To verify you have one of these, look along the cabling itself for the printed text which says "High Speed HDMI Cable." If it is not there, you may not be using a cable that is required to work with your display device.

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
MGarc24
Beginner

Thank you for your response.

I've done all the steps without success.

I've updated to the lastest BIOS version. After the update, HDMI works for around 3 seconds, the same that happens sometimes when reinstall the driver. After that, nothing.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did you contact you Laptop manufacturer to ask for the configuration options with your system, I strongly recommend contacting them.

Also, this could be defective HDMI or defective HDMI port on your Laptop, did you try different HDMI?

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos