Items with no label
3335 Discussions

What driver should I install to use the RealSense Falcon Cliffs EC2?

NK1
Beginner

I have a Falcon Cliffs EC2 evaluation RealSense camera and would like to test it out with the RealSense SDK. The camera shows up as "Intel RealSense 3D Camera" under Devices and Printers, and is plugged into a USB 3.0 port. What driver do I install in order to use this camera? Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I couldn't find any reference to the codename Falcon Cliffs, so tried to eliminate other camera types by a process of elimination. According to an Asian website, the F200 was Bell Cliffs, and the R200 was Double Spring. The old RealSense Snapshot camera (also known as R100) was Davis Reef. If it is a RealSense camera, that would leave the SR-300, or the forthcoming ZR-300 and R400. If Intel's codename structure is consistent, it would suggest that since F200 was Bell Cliffs, the Falcon Cliffs would be its next-gen replacement, the SR300.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nkalupahana,

Thanks for four interest in the Intel® RealSense Platform.

We would like to confirm as MartyG has mentioned the Falcon Cliffs is the Intel RealSense SR300 camera, and you should just connect the camera and the driver will download automatically if you are using Windows 10.

Hope this information helps, however, if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nkalupahana,

We would like to know if you still need assistance in this case.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos