Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Increase Range of SR300?

LSine
Beginner

Is there any (hacky?) way to increase the range of the SR300 ?

Bought an R200 but need the SDK features of the SR300, and the R200 appears abandoned

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LSine
Beginner

My primary use is

- background removal (segmentation?)

- person tracking

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The instruction SetIVCAMFilterOption can apparently increase the range of depth perception of the SR300 up to 4m.

https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/setivcamfilteroption_device_pxccapture.html SetIVCAMFilterOption

I suspect that it would be more effective for segmentation than person tracking though, as it seems to primarily apply to depth perception rather than extending the range of hand and face tracking.

I have always wondered if the camera's visual range would be increased if a telescopic lens, like a photography camera zoom lens, were attached to the front of the camera. One would think that so long as the laser light could pass straight through the zoom lens unobstructed then it might still be able to perceive the world in 3D in the same way that it usually does, tricking it into thinking the zoomed image it sees is within the SR300's normal 1.5 m tracking range. I've never had the opportunity to try this experiment though. .

I found in previous experiments that the hand and face tracking does not recognize if you hold up a flat piece of paper with a picture of hands and faces on and move it around, so it definitely needs a real three-dimensional view.

LSine
Beginner

>>I have always wondered if the camera's visual range would be increased if a telescopic lens,<<</span>

ha had the exact some thought. There are all those simple zoom lens for smartphones that was wondering if you could place over it

0 Kudos