Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

How to define an application trigger to move from screen profil to another one ?

ODela
Beginner

Hi,

I have three monitors connected to my PC. I would like to use them differently according to what I am doing.

In case I am alone in my office, I am using Monitor 1 and Monitor 2 by Extending Monitor 1 to Monitor 2.

In case I am doing a meeting in my office, I am using Monitor 1 cloned with Monitor 3.

I have declared in the "Software "GD Intel Graphics configuration panel two profiles : Olivier Bureau and Olivier shared. Then I would like to switch quickly from one profile to the second one without opening this configuration tool.

I have seen that in the profile, we can configure an application trigger. If I start one specific application, the two profiles can switch automatically. I have tried to use some trigger as Wordpad or Excel, but without any success.

Have you already experimented that option ? Did it work fine ?

I would like some some helps in order to make it work. The aim would be to create a two dummy exe file, copy them on my desktop and click on one of them to move from one profile to another one.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

I would like to have additional information about your system configuration. Please run the following utility and attach the results.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility

In order to attach files, make sure you select the "Advanced Editor" option in the top right of your reply window. You will then be presented with an attach file dialogue at the bottom of the reply.

Allan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to get the system information?

Allan.
0 Kudos