Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD Graphics 530 problem with openGL

MMKL
Beginner

Hello,

Since my graphic card Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 automatically updated its driver to the version 21.20.16.4550, I have the following error in some applications using open gl:

"can't find the name of intel ICD OpenGL driver"

I downgraded the driver version to the version 20.19.15.4300 and I don't have the error anymore.

It is a workaround, but I'd rather upgrade my graphic card driver if possible.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Fogia,

I will be more than glad to assist you with your concern.

I would like to know which will be the model of your laptop, desktop or Intel device?

Could you please let me know your OS version?

As soon as you reply, I will continue working in order to help you with your concern.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
MMKL
Beginner

Oh sorry, didn't think it was platform dependent.

I have an Asus 'Republic of gamers' GL752VW-T4005T.

The OS is Windows 10 family.

The Intel device is in the topic: Intel HD Graphics 530 (I have also an Intel Core I7-6700HQ CPU).

Tell me if you need additional information.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Fogia,

In regard to your concern, my recommendation is to keep the version 20.19.15.4300. This is due that when you go to the website of your manufacturer or OEM, you will confirm that this version is provided by them.

https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/839/0/1/CzCn5mgAjpjWOjyg/45/ Asus drivers for GL752VW-T4005T

The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don't lose features or customizations.

Could you please let me know if the previous driver update was for some tool?

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
MMKL
Beginner

I got the driver of version 20.19.15.4300 on the link you provided.

It is just that around the beginning of the month, my OS updated automatically the driver to the version 21.20.16.4550.

I deactivated the automatic update so that I don't have the problem anymore, but doing so I won't know when a 'good' upgrade will be ready to install.

Thanks for your replies

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Fogia,

I was reviewing this thread and I would like to inform that a new graphics driver was released, can you please install the new driver and let me know if you keep on having the issue you reported before?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26563/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88345 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45] Version: 15.45.14.4590 (Latest)

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos