Items with no label
3335 Discussions

libpxccore_c dll not found

TDiaz
Beginner

I am creating an app which uses an SR300 scanner, in particular using the 3D Scan module.

In some computers it works ok, I can see the images and I can create the models, but in some others I get the following error as soon as I use something from the RealSense sdk:

System.DllNotFoundException: 'libpxccore_c' not found

I thought it could be because it's a 3th gen i3 (which shouldn't work as indicated in the specs) but the thing is... It works just fine with a Sense3D (which uses the SR300 underneath...).

Now I installed the Essentials package (SDK) to check if I could see something with the Camera Explorer and it works just fine. I tried running my application again and the error changed to:

System.DllNotFoundException: 'libpxcscan_c' not found

I honestly don't know where to look at.

It's a 64 bit - Windows 10, Intel Core i3-3217U.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The official Intel SR300 prefers a 6th generation Intel Core processor as it's minimum. However, I have seen reports in the past that 3rd party versions of the SR300 such as the Razer Stargazer are more forgiving about being used with older computers.

The 'core' and 'scan' lib files you quoted are the Essentials (core) and 3D Scan (scan) modules of the 2016 R3 SDK. On the computer where you are having the problems, did you install the mandatory Essentials module first and then the optional 3D Scan module after? That is the correct order to do the installation in.

0 Kudos
TDiaz
Beginner

I installed both and it worked correctly .

My question then is if I want to use the scanner with my app in another computer, am I obliged to install the SDK in that computer, or can I add some of the libraries from the RSSDK folder to get it to work?

In the docs (https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_devguide_csharp_application.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R3 Documentation ) it indicates that you have to include the Intel.RealSense.dll to your project, but clearly that is not enough to get your app working on another computer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm very pleased that you got it working!

You should install an SDK Runtime into your project to make it a standalone executable that can run without the SDK installed. this documentation page provides links that describe how to do it for C++, C# and Unity.

https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_deploy_application_deployment.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R3 Documentation

And here's an Intel article on the subject. It was written for SDK versions earlier than '2016 R3' but may be helpful as a general guide to the principles.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/add-realsense-runtime-to-app-installer Add Intel® RealSense™ Runtime to your App Installer | Intel® Software

0 Kudos
TDiaz
Beginner

Oooh I see! Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos