Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Using Intel RealSense ZR300 in Windows 10

ВВидм
Beginner

Whether use of Intel RealSense ZR300 in windows 10 fully is possible? So that functions of recognition of hands worked

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The ZR300 is recommended to be used with the RealSense SDK For Linux, unfortunately. I know of no time when it has been able to be used with Windows 10.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The ZR300 is recommended to be used with the RealSense SDK For Linux, unfortunately. I know of no time when it has been able to be used with Windows 10.

0 Kudos
ВВидм
Beginner

Thanks. And you can prompt then what camera better to choose, SR300 or R200? She is necessary for me for creation of a large number of animation of gestures and their further recognition

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Of those two cameras, I would recommend the SR300 because it can detect and track hand joints, but the R200 cannot.

0 Kudos
ВВидм
Beginner

Be sorry to bother you, in characteristics of SR300 it is written that the processor of the 6th of a pokoleniyaa higher is required. If my processor of the 4th or 5th generation I have to replace him?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It's no bother at all. Yes, the minimum specification for the SR300 officially is a 6th generation Skylake processor. There have been some cases where it worked with a 5th generation, though it is a 50-50 chance at best whether it will work or not. I believe the Razer Stargazer camera (which is a version of the SR300 made by Razer that works fine with the RealSense SDK) is more forgiving of computers with an older processor. There is no guarantee of success though.

The R200 will work with a 4th or 5th generation processor but as I said earlier, the R200's lack of hand joint tracking may make it unsuitable for your project.

0 Kudos