Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How to disable hotspot

BLunc
Novice

I've tried multiple times to connect to my home network via the web UI and each time the hotspot comes back.

The scan function works as expected and find my network (via web UI).

I click the ssid and enter the network password to connect.

At that point of course the hotspot drops out. But after a period of time, it comes right back and no home network connection. I've gone around this loop several times.

I followed the steps from another post to manually stop the oobe-init and connect to the home network via cmd-line. But that is not permanent. Restarting the device or the oobe brings back the hotspot. I'd like to be able to permanently disable it and only connect to the home network.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello bruce_lunce,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please let us check how the hotspot mode can be manually disabled, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Pedro M.
0 Kudos
BLunc
Novice

I like simple solutions: Don't use a space in the ssid password.

Actually, a space is fine. I just happened to include one that shouldn't be there.

Now working. Preserves changed settings across power-cycles as expected.

0 Kudos
Tsahi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just as clarification, when one have issue connecting device to another network . the system fallback Euclid to hotspot so it can remain active.

Also the system have 'Safe Mode' as it will also engage Hotspot in case of timeout connecting to defined network.

Regards,

Tsahi.

Intel Euclid Development Team.