Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

IGFXTRAY.EXE doesn't start in Win 7

idata
Employee

Hello,

IGFXTRAY.EXE doesn't start in Win 7:

Usually this igfxtray.exe was auto loading at startup as a tray Icon in a taskbar, it was used to modify display's colors/ brightness/ hues etc.....

It started - when I once accidentally clicked on it to EXIT - but I also believed it should start again after next system reboot, but - NO, it exit once and disappeared,

# I am not able to RUN it from Taskbar, nothing happens....

# I am not able to launch it when I go to /system32 and click the igfxtray.exe - nothing happens...

However - IGFXTRAY.exe is still in place and working in my Another User account, but not in my main account;

Also - I am afraid it could be related to Registry (Regedit) problems which I recently had:

I few days earlier - I had problems with Registry - Corrupted Profile and several problems from this, but I imported a few chunks from another similar windows 7 - so I somehow (non-professionally) solved my major problems, but then I had a few other minor problems - like File Association incorrect or similar....

So - How to make igfxtray.exe run again?!

and - have you any suggestions about Registry entries for this application?!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Install the current driver once again.

Regarding registry issues, use "system restore"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17101/windows-7-system-recovery-options https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17101/windows-7-system-recovery-options

Restores your computer's system files to an earlier point in time without affecting your files, such as e‑mail, documents, or photos.

If you use System Restore from the System Recovery Options menu, you cannot undo the restore operation. However, you can run System Restore again and choose a different restore point, if one exists.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Zambala,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos