Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 + 10-bit Color

AMark6
Beginner

I just picked up a new monitor that supports 10-bit color. Does anyone know if the Intel 4600 integrated graphics board supports 10-bit color? Intel support chat was unable to help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello rushm3,

I understand you would like to know if Intel HD Graphics 4600 supports or not 410-bit color.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

Intel Graphics support 10-bit color since Sandy Bridge (2nd Generation). The driver will automatically enable 10-bit when running full screen DirectX* applications that supports it on a 10-bit capable Display.

Let me know if you have or not any other inquiry.

Regards,

Fred D.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Check out:

Looks like there is a lot of confusion.

Anyway the generic graphics drivers don't support 10bit.

I remember to have seen a custom Skylake driver for Microsoft Surface though.

;--igfx_Gamma_Settings--

;--Custom CSC Matrix intialized with Identity 3x3 matrix in float format--

HKR,, CustomCSCMatrix, %REG_BINARY%, 00

;Selection of 10bit Gamma and 8bit Gamma 0x0A - Enables 10 bit Gamma, 0x00 - Enables 8 bit Gamma(Default)

HKR,, NumGammaBits, %REG_DWORD%, 0x00

; Table below is set to 10BitGamma 1024 value table currently. Each value is 2 Bytes long, in little endian format with maximum value 0xFFFF

; This field is valid only when "NumGammaBits" == 10. Otherwise, this filed is ignored.

; When "NumGammaBits" == 10bit gamma, this should be populated with valid 10-bit Gamma table with 1024 entries

HKR,, LFPGammaEncodeXBit, %REG_BINARY%, 00

Don't fool around in the registry, Windows failed to boot last time i tried

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rushm3,

I understand you would like to know if Intel HD Graphics 4600 supports or not 410-bit color.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

Intel Graphics support 10-bit color since Sandy Bridge (2nd Generation). The driver will automatically enable 10-bit when running full screen DirectX* applications that supports it on a 10-bit capable Display.

Let me know if you have or not any other inquiry.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rushm3,

I was wondering if you have or not any other inquiry regarding the 10-bit color support on Intel® HD Graphics 4600. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.