Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel RAID Controller RS3DC080 disabled in Device Manager after reboot of Windows Server 2016 Server

AHaze1
Beginner

Every time I need to restart the two Windows Server 2016 Datacenter boxes I have the RS3DC080 card installed on, the driver is disabled under Device Manager -> Storage controllers. I have the latest 6.713.5.0 drivers for Windows 10 x64 installed per the instructions. Any help would be appreciated as it takes a few moments to remember that disabling and re-enabling the device solves the issue (but requires manual intervention).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Andre,

I understand the Intel® RAID controller RS3DC080 is randomly recognized by your system. I suggest you the next workaround.

1- Start updating the BIOS-firmware version of your Server Board.

2- Continue with the Intel® RAID Controller RS3DC080 firmware update. It is possible to do it from the EFI shell.

MR 3108 ROC Hardware RAID Firmware Flash Update https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26411/MR-3108-ROC-Hardware-RAID-Firmware-Flash-Update?product=77346 version: 24.16.0-0082

a. Download and extract all files to a USB flash drive.

b. Boot the target system to EFI shell.

c. Change directory to the local drive and directory containing the flash update files and the firmware image file.

d. Type "update.nsh" and press to execute the command

e. Wait for the flash to complete. Do not reboot the system during the update.

Note: Intel® recommends to loading Factory Default setting after the firmware upgrade which will not affect data on any existing array. To do so:

1. Reboot the system and log in to the RAID BIOS Console.

2. Select the controller and select 'Adapter Properties'->'Next'

3. Set the 'Set Factory Defaults' setting to 'Yes' and submit the change.

4. Reboot the system (the default settings are applied).

If the problem continues, I would need to gather more details of your system. Please send me the results of https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Intel® System Support Utility for Windows; run it when the raid card is recognized.

Additionally, please add the server model, type of RAID array, amount of hard drives and any other relevant device connected.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, ahazelwood,

I am following your case, please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, ahazelwood,

I have not heard from you since our last communication. Please let us know if you need further assistance or if I can close this case.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ahazelwood,

This is to inform you that I have closed your case since I did not receive a response; if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us using https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos