Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 Not Recognized Anymore

A_3
Beginner

Hello,

I have NUC7i7BNH and SR300 with Ubuntu 16.04, 4.8.0-36-generic.

When I plug SR300 to USB port of NUC, it was recognized with vendor ID 8086 (Intel) and product ID 0aa5. However when I try to run any examples or ROS realsense_camera, it was failing with "VIDIOC_DQBUF error 19, No such device". After pluging it to a powered USB3.0 Hub, it started functioning randomly (sometimes it worked sometimes didn't).

However, lately, SR300 is not recognized anymore. When I plug it, lsusb shows it as

Bus 001 Device 017: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub

Even in Windows, I'm not able to see it as Imaging Device as SR300. Creative microphone array is detected, but camera is not.

Any help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
25 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A number of people have experienced VIDIOC_DQBUF error 19. It is apparently related to the stability of the USB connection. Some users fixed the error by using a powered hub. You have already tried that though.

One user found that their SR300 worked for them after getting this error if they went back to plugging the camera directly into the PC's USB port instead of into the powered hub. Is the camera able to be detected if you plug it directly into the PC instead of using the hub?

0 Kudos
A_3
Beginner

With or without hub, SR300 is not recognized anymore. Even when I plug it directly to NUC, it is shown as

Bus 001 Device 017: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub

Does this mean a faulty hardware?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The most important indicator in the Device Manager regarding whether your camera is working or not is the contents of the Imaging Devices section. A working SR300 camera should list three drivers:

RGB driver

Depth driver

Virtual driver

0 Kudos
A_3
Beginner

None of them is listed in Imaging Devices. Only thing added is BlasterX Senz3D VF0810 under Audio Devices.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This reminds me of a recent case. The user believed that they had bought an Intel RealSense SR300 camera, but they had actually apparently been sold a BlasterX Senz3D camera. The BlasterX is an own-brand SR300-compatible camera sold by Creative, who also manufacture the SR300 for Intel. The BlasterX should still work with the official Depth Camera Manager driver software supplied by Intel though. You have installed the SR300 Depth Camera Manager software, yes?

I note from your message that you were originally using the camera with Ubuntu. For the camera to function in Windows, you need to install the DCM program on your Windows PC.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download Intel® RealSense™ SDK | Intel® Software

0 Kudos
A_3
Beginner

I have purchased SR300 on click.intel.com and sure that it is SR300, not BlasterX. In fact it was showing up as two records in lsusb, one for SR300 (with vendor ID 8086 (Intel) and product ID 0aa5) and one for BlasterX (I think for microphone array). Suddenly it stopped showing up as SR300, only as BlasterX.

I was running on Ubuntu but after the issue, I switched to Windows 10, installed DCM, still not detected. It is not shown under Imaging Devices.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you have installed the SR300 DCM and the camera is still not showing up in Imaging Devices, I would suspect a problem with the firmware driver - perhaps a corrupted firmware that will not respond to attempts to update it.

As you have managed to install the DCM, you should have a file on your computer for updating the firmware driver without running the DCM program. You can 'force' this file to install.

To make it a forced update, put the word -force at the end of the filename. For example:

FWUpdateSR300.exe -force

If that does not work then the pattern of decreasing performance over time to the point where the camera no longer works suggests that there may be a problem with the hardware. If you have purchased the camera within the last 90 days then you are entitled to claim a replacement camera or refund. You can email mailto:click@intel.com click@intel.com to begin this returns process.

0 Kudos
A_3
Beginner

Firmware update did not help. Possibly there is a hardware issue. Will try to figure out. If not I will file a RMA.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If:

(a) a powered USB hub did not solve your problem;

(b) stability degraded over time to the point of not working;

(c) the camera is not working correctly on either Ubuntu or Windows; and

(d) a firmware update did not help

then a hardware fault is a high probability, and a return may be the best option for you.

0 Kudos
ZSamb
Beginner

Hello! anybody help me, it took me a day to log in on Intel forum, I hope they don't produce CPU this way, overcomplicated and no reason why, for grey corporate people environment.

I cannot install SR300 drivers after many reboots and reinstalls I about to give up and break SR300. How to fix it? Please anyone!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Has your SR300 ever worked, or did it work for a while and then suddenly stop working one day?

0 Kudos
ZSamb
Beginner

It was working before, currently it doesn't work at all, not even recognizing and no drivers can be installed.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are a Windows user, the camera's drivers are not listed at all in the Imaging Devices section of your Device Manager window?

0 Kudos
ZSamb
Beginner

it's there, but doesn't recognize by any device.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Just to confirm ... you have the three drivers there - RGB, Depth and Virtual - but cannot run any programs with the camera?

0 Kudos
ZSamb
Beginner

I only have this and no program working with it.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

you are missing the Virtual driver. A way to get this is:

1. Right-click on the RGB and Depth RealSense drivers and select 'Uninstall' for each one.

2. Unplug the camera from the USB port and wait a couple of seconds.

3. Plug the camera back in.

When no RealSense drivers are detected, Windows should download the drivers over the internet automatically over the next seconds and put them in your Device Manager without you having to use the DCM program.

0 Kudos
ZSamb
Beginner

yes it did install it again, but what was the point? Virtual driver is still missing. It has just installed it back again RGB and Depth.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You did the uninstall, unplug and replug operation above and only got the RGB and Depth drivers, and still no Virtual driver?

0 Kudos
ZSamb
Beginner

Exactly, this trick did not work at all. NO Virtual driver and I have no idea why

0 Kudos