Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Compiling librealsense on the Euclid

ZTayl1
Beginner

I have been trying to build the librealsense driver from source on my Euclid. However I receive the error fatal error: motion/MotionAPI-slim.h: No such file or directory. From this discussion it seems these files are part of the motion module API. Where do I download this API?

Also as far as I can tell the Euclid version of the realsense_camera is not a fork of the original, but rather a new repo that all the files have been copy pasted into. What was the motivation behind this, as we currently have a fork of the realsense_camera repo and merging our changes into this new euclid version without any git history is going to be a nightmare.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZTayl1
Beginner

I was attempting to use the euclid fork on the Euclid. It turns out the issue was that I had somehow got my Euclid into a messed up state where the euclid-camera-access package was no longer present. Reinstalling it from the iso corrected the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The ZR300 on the Euclid lacks an ASIC chip that the ZR309 Developer Kit camera has, and this missing chip is software simulated in a fork of Librealsense. Attempting to use the main Librealsense in the Euclid will result in the fisheye camera not working.

I do understand your concern about the form and the problems it presents, as other developers have commented on it.

0 Kudos
ZTayl1
Beginner

I was attempting to use the euclid fork on the Euclid. It turns out the issue was that I had somehow got my Euclid into a messed up state where the euclid-camera-access package was no longer present. Reinstalling it from the iso corrected the issue.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Glad you were able to fix it! Thanks for letting us know

0 Kudos