Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel Graphics Driver 3000 keeps crashing

JA
Beginner

So my intel graphics 3000 driver keeps crashing, I've tried updating it both manually and with the intel driver updater but they both say it's already updated and fine. It's been going on for a while now and I've not found a way that fixes it, I've attached my msinfo32 if that'll help. it mainly happens when I'm performing multiple tasks, the screen will flicker and sometimes recover by itself but eventually the screen then flickers into black and won't do anything, despite everything else still working fine on the computer, external displays aren't affected by this either but it's a real pain as once the screen goes black i have no choice but to restart the computer meaning I lose unsaved work, this is starting to get on my nerves as anything I do doesn't seem to fix it, it would be great if you could help me with this, thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Your driver 8.15.10.2559 is quite out-dated.

Latest is 15.28.24.4229 from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24970/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-32bit?product=53469 Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1-32bit

0 Kudos
JA
Beginner

Thanks, will this one work even though it's for 32bit systems and mine is a 64bit?

I've just tried it and it says my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Sorry, the MSINFO log was a bit hard to read.

Use this one: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit?product=81500 Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit

0 Kudos
JA
Beginner

Despite downloading this update the problem is still persisting, it took a little while before it happened again though, I have a feeling that at this point it might be a program or another driver on the computer conflicting with the display driver although nothing is saying this.

0 Kudos