Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Scheduled to be applied to SR 300

AYoko2
Beginner

I do not know whether to ask questions here, but please let me know.

Does the SR 300 will be applied to iOS and Android in the near future?

I would like to know if I can develop with iOS or Android in the near future using SR300.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

To the best of my knowledge there are no plans to bring RealSense to iOS and Android. Intel developed an Android 'Smartphone Developer Kit' in 2016 that was a Google Project Tango compatible phone with a ZR300 camera. It got as far as having test units released to developers, I believe, but was canceled before it went on public sale due to Intel shifting its RealSense strategy away from mobile to focus more on robotics control and the Internet of Things (IoT).

An information page about the device is still online and may be of interest to you, even though the Kit is not going to be available.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2016/02/22/introducing-intel-realsense-smartphone-developer-kit Introducing Intel® RealSense™ Smartphone Developer Kit | Intel® Software

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

To the best of my knowledge there are no plans to bring RealSense to iOS and Android. Intel developed an Android 'Smartphone Developer Kit' in 2016 that was a Google Project Tango compatible phone with a ZR300 camera. It got as far as having test units released to developers, I believe, but was canceled before it went on public sale due to Intel shifting its RealSense strategy away from mobile to focus more on robotics control and the Internet of Things (IoT).

An information page about the device is still online and may be of interest to you, even though the Kit is not going to be available.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2016/02/22/introducing-intel-realsense-smartphone-developer-kit Introducing Intel® RealSense™ Smartphone Developer Kit | Intel® Software

AYoko2
Beginner

I understand.

Thank you quick response!

0 Kudos