Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

I can't play games on windows 10,it says I don't have the correct driver.I have already installed the newest driver.How to fix it?

cmr
Beginner

I can't play games on my new windows 10 computer. My graphic card is Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I have already installed the newest driver. How to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

HD 3000 Graphics are not supported on Windows 10:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

This also means that your processor is not supported on Windows 10.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

HD 3000 Graphics are not supported on Windows 10:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

This also means that your processor is not supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
cmr
Beginner

So that means I can't play any game that can only be installed on Windows 10 unless I buy a new computer. Thanks for answering my question.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If the game requires specific resources that are not available in the Microoft generic driver, you will not be able to play the game.

Best to upgrade to a supported hardware platform.

Doc

0 Kudos
cmr
Beginner

Looks like the processor on my laptop can't be changed and I still can't play games. I will buy a new gaming laptop instead. Thanks for helping me.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Good choice. However, just a bit of caution - there is currently some issue with certain machines that have dual/switchable graphics. You may want to review this thread before purchasing such a machine:

Not all laptops have this issue, and it is being addressed. So, just research it a bit before purchase.

Doc

0 Kudos