Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

The cphs service terminated with the following error: Invalid handle

avant-guvnor
Beginner

I asked a year ago about the following error, but still the error exists and occurs on every boot of my PC:

Source: System

Event ID: 7023

Level: Error

General: The cphs service terminated with the following error:

Invalid handle

My system is as follows:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1709, build 16299.309

MSI Z170-A PRO (MS-7971) motherboard

Intel HD Graphics 530 driver version 23.20.16.484

I have contacted MSI regarding this error, but they simply responded with:

We haven't received any similar report about the error. Maybe it is related to the system.

Please can someone from Intel shed some light on this error? TIA

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mville,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the error that you are experiencing in your system, it will be more than a pleasure to inquire deeper into this matter.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

As well can you provide us with longer/more detailed description about the error?

When is it triggered?

Can you please attach screenshots of it?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
avant-guvnor
Beginner

Thank you for your response.

Since posting, I also decided to contact MSI again, just in case.

Lo and behold, they now have a BIOS update for my motherboard. I updated the BIOS. Then, the latest Windows Updates were installed and now, the error, which only occurred when booting the PC, no longer occurs.

Hopefully, this issue is now resolved.

0 Kudos