Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD 3000 Graphics, Screen flickering after updating drivers

SKada1
Beginner

Hi,

I have a laptop of Dell XPS L502x, where i have found issue with the Intel HD Graphics 3000. I have updated the drivers and tried to solve the problem, even it tried to update the bios too, but there is no use that screen is flickering very badly, if i disable the adapter then it stops the flickering, but it is not the solution to this, Can any one in the forums experienced this before or still experiencing please tell me what steps you have followed to stop this flickering

@ INTEL Support : Please give some suggestions on this.

Thank you

Srinivas

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What operating system?

If Windows 10, your graphics (and your processor) are not supported.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

Doc

0 Kudos
SKada1
Beginner

I tried in operating system of windows 7 & 8.1 also, but there is no change, please suggest another way

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You can try the latest driver here on your windows 7 or windows 8.x installs.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81500 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Note: They will not work on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
MDeSi2
Beginner

I have exactly the same issue with this machine. It started with Windows 8 and 8.1 and continues now in Windows 10.

I have to keep the HD3000 device disabled and a weird resolution with Windows basic display driver on the machine display.

Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This thread is two years old. You should have started a new thread.

Solution? If you have a laptop, there is no solution, except getting a new(er) laptop that is supported on W10.

If you have a desktop, you can try and find a compatible add-on graphics card, or get a new(er) desktop that is supported on W10.

If you keep the current equipment, you are using the Microsoft generic driver, which is limited in performance and featurers. There is no updated driver and HD3000 graphics are not supported on W10.

Doc

0 Kudos
MDeSi2
Beginner

I’ve asked here because I only “had” this problem with exactly the same machine of the initial post and I was hoping that along this 2 years he could have found a solution. 

I’m aware that Intel has no drive for this processor for Windows 10, naturally it was the first thing I’ve tried. But I have 2 other machines with HD3000 running W10 without a glitch, including a Mac running it with Bootcamp. So the problem “was” with this Dell.

“Was”. Because I’ve just enabled again the HD3000 on the troubled machine with the same (Microsoft provided) driver and the problem seems to be gone.

Thank you.