Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

MSI 7A63 Carbon Pro unable to see Optane 32gb

PEspi
Beginner

Hi. I have a MSI 7A63 MB with Intel 7600k. Last BIOS and drivers installed. I bought an Optane 32Gb memory module to install. I realized that I needed to upgrade to Win 10 (from win 7). I did that (not fresh install to not loose my data and apps). Then I saw I needed to change from MBR to GPT UEFI. I did that too. In BIOS the Optane is listed in the storage screen and I enable raid/Optane and remapping the M.2 slot in with Optane is. I set the Optane Genie option to ON and I start window in EFI mode (this is checked in MS32Info app in windows too). I can' see the module under RST Intel devices in BIOS or in diskpart CMD app in windows. I installed Optane app and drivers and later the RST app and drivers. Windows says my sister is ready but Not Optane is detected ( there is No memory in device manager, diskpart or Diskmanager apps. I started to think the module is bad. Can you help me troubleshoot this please!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi PatricioGac,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

In order to better understand your situation, could you please provide us the following information:

1- Please attach the logs from MSinfo32:

A-Hit Windows* key+R to open the Run box.

B-Type "msinfo32" into the "Open" field, and then hit Enter.

C-Hit the file option on the top left side.

D-Hit the Export option and attach the file when replying.

2- Please attach the logs from the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*:

A- Go to: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- and download the software.

B- When finished downloading it, open it.

C- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan.

D- When finish scanning, click "Next."

E- Click on "Save."

F- Please attach the file when replying.

3-Please let us know which ports are you using to connect the SATA boot drive and the Intel® Optane™ Memory on your motherboard.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
PEspi
Beginner

Hi. Thank you for help me!

I attached the required files.

The Optane Module is in the M2_2 slot, and the HDD Sata is in the Port number 4 (IFresh install of windows 10 Pro x64) using only one HDD

As you can see, the Optane Module is detected in BIOS.... but ... I can see it in RST submenu of BIOS or anywhere else.

Please lead me in the right direction. I think the module can be defective.....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi PatricioGac,

Thanks for the information provided.

Based on that, We recommend you to connect the Intel® Optane™ Memory in the port M2_1 and also connect the SATA Boot drive in the SATA port 1.

Note: Make sure to only keep the SATA Boot Drive connected to the motherboard.

Please let us know the outcome of your situation.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi PatricioGac,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos