Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

Two RAIDS on same motherboard?

mnaum1
Beginner

I have an ASUS ESC500 G4 with an intel C236 chipset.

To the Intel RST enterprise (C600+/C220+ series chipset SATA RAID controller) i´ve added two SATA (SSD) disk into an RAID 1.

But now i want to add a second RAID with two new disks, to store the Hyper-V VHDx.

Is it possible to create a second RAID onto the same RAID controller with two new disks? Or is it limited to one RAID only (i.e expand the already existing RAID)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello nmbrg,

In regards to your question since you're using RSTe you should be able to create independent RAID sets for as long as you have available ports on your equipment; however, we strongly recommend you to contact your Motherboard manufacturer for more accurate information in regards to the capabilities of their Motherboard.

Also, please remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello nmbrg,

In regards to your question since you're using RSTe you should be able to create independent RAID sets for as long as you have available ports on your equipment; however, we strongly recommend you to contact your Motherboard manufacturer for more accurate information in regards to the capabilities of their Motherboard.

Also, please remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you

Regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
mnaum1
Beginner

It worked great!

Im now running one RAID1 and one RAID10 (1+0) on Intel RSTe.

I just did the following.

* mounted the disk in the chassi (d'uh!)

* booted server

* opened up intel RSTe software

* configured RAID10 (choose the disks that should be in the RAID and configured it for my need).

* opened up disk management and created a "simple volume".

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello nmbrg,

Thanks for your time and we're glad that the information we've provided you you was useful for your situation.

We'll mark this question as solved, if you want to ask more questions please fell free to contact us, we'll be glad to assist you

Regards,

Chris
0 Kudos