Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless-N 7260NGW m.2 Bluetooth not working

AMiha1
Beginner

Hello! I have laptop MSI GS60 2PL

And i have such adapter Intel Wireless-N 7260NGW m.2

And the latest drivers

Sometimes in device manager it writes - Unknown USB DEvice (Code 43)

Sometimes it recognizes it as Bluetooth with error and writes "STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE "

Please find in attachment system report made by intel SSU app.

Please help me to fix this problem - Im fighting with it last year.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello alexan3,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that you're experiencing Device Manager error 43 for your Bluetooth device.

Is Intel® Wireless-N 7260 the original wireless adapter installed on your system, or is it an upgrade? Also, do you remember if there were any changes in the system at the time the issue started (such as a Windows* update, new software installed, etc.)?

As for troubleshooting, please test a clean wireless and Bluetooth driver installation:

1. Download and save the drivers:
    1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27493/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=75174 Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10
    2. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27475/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=75174 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10
  2. Uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless and Bluetooth Software.
    1. Open Programs and Features (Uninstall a program) from the Control Panel.
    2. Select Uninstall or Change and then Remove.
    3. When prompted, choose to discard settings.
  3. Uninstall your Bluetooth and wireless driver. Windows* with an inbox driver may natively support some wireless adapters. You cannot uninstall an inbox driver. Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it's uninstalled.
    1. Go to Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Bluetooth category.
    3. Right-click your Intel Bluetooth and choose to uninstall it.
    4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Follow the same steps for your Intel Wireless adapter found at the Network Adapters category.
  4. Clear out your temporary files.
    1. Press the Windows* key and R key simultaneously to open the run box.
    2. Type in: cleanmgr.exe and press the Enter key or OK.
    3. Place a check mark next to Temporary Files. You can leave everything else checked or unchecked.
    4. Press OK and wait.
  5. Reboot your computer.
  6. Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator and follow the wizard to completion. Make sure you install the Bluetooth drivers first before installing the wireless drivers.
  7. (Optional Step) Apply the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000024678.html Recommended Settings for Wireless Connectivity.

Please let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello alexan3,

We haven't heard from you since the creation of the thread. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
AMiha1
Beginner

Dear Eugenio ! Hello! Thank you fro your remind. Nothing of this actions, which you proposed me to do, helped me. Thi Bluetooth still is not working.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello alexan3,

Thanks for your reply. We still like to confirm if this is the system original wireless adapter, or if it was installed as an upgrade.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.

0 Kudos
AMiha1
Beginner

Hello!

It was installed instead of Realtek,.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello alexan3,

Thanks for your reply.

Just like any other device, not all wireless adapters are physically and electrically compatible with all systems. Intel does not recommend end users install or upgrade the various Intel® Wireless Adapter; you should always contact the Computer Manufacturer Support or its authorized representative to check which adapters are supported by your computer and replace it with them whenever possible. For more information, please check the following advisories:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?wapkw=5846 Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?_ga=1.33281086.1415059657.1457358642 Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

For now, you may test the following: On Device Manager > View and select Show hidden devices. Check under Bluetooth and Network adapters for any Realtek* drivers from the previous adapter and uninstall them. After that you may uninstall the Intel Bluetooth and Wireless driver again and reinstall them in that order. Please bear in mind that this is not an actual fix, but it was shared by an user on a different post.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello alexan3,

We're just checking on this thread. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos