Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel RealSense R200 cam DCM file cannot be downloaded

dtaib
Beginner

Hello my friends,

I bought an Intel RealSense R200 3d cam. My computer can read the camera.

But the problem is. I cannot instal DEPTH CAMERA MANAGER. when I try to install it, it says this update is not designed to this system.

My PC:

Lenovo

Windows 10 64bit

Processor: Intel core i7 6th generation

Ram: 8GB

0 Kudos
41 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I found one previous case in October last year when that error occurred.

dtaib
Beginner

Ohhhh thx god i am not alone, so is there any solution?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This is the first time I have personally come across this error. Since Intel support staff member Jesus G was the last Intel person to deal with this error in October 2016, I've forwarded him a link to your post so he can hopefully provide you with an update on Monday. Good luck!

Edit: it may save time and speed up the helping with your case if you could produce an error log and attach it to a message here like the person in that other case did.

0 Kudos
dtaib
Beginner

sorry what do you mean by error log?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Oh, I apologize, I thought that the other person had attached a log file of what there computer was doing during the error, but it was actually a system info file like the one you kindly provided. Thanks!

If you wish, you can also create an error log file and attach it. Jesus G has provided a guide to doing this. Please see the 'Provide Application Execution Logs' section of the guide.

0 Kudos
dtaib
Beginner

there are some other info. but sorry I don't know how to do "error log"http://download1513.mediafire.com/o09avun3vxvg/mp3w8pphmk3q9wq/micl_tmp_SYSTEM.rar http://download1513.mediafire.com/o09avun3vxvg/mp3w8pphmk3q9wq/micl_tmp_SYSTEM.rar

2-http://download1424.mediafire.com/vgcw72yeztgg/4alki2qh6sxh7x4/micl_tmp_drust.rar http://download1424.mediafire.com/vgcw72yeztgg/4alki2qh6sxh7x4/micl_tmp_drust.rar

- I am new in Intel community and have some questions. Are you going to solve my problem or you are just giving me guide to get help from unity community?

and I don't know if this problem can be solved, please tell me is there any chance?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I understand your frustration. I am not an Intel technical support employee though. I help on this forum for free, and if I do not have experience of a solution then the best that I can do is make suggestions, point to other information sources or seek the input of other people. This is the first time that I have heard of this error, which is why I referred you to Intel support member Jesus G, who has dealt with a case involving this error and has access to advice from Intel engineers and developers.

0 Kudos
dtaib
Beginner

MartyG

Thank you very much I appreciate that.

I bought this camera for $95 from amazon website. and it took 10 days when I received it.

Now this error is shown to me. Seriously I am about to break it. I tried everything but it says it can't be installed

anyway thank you again

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Ideally, RealSense developer kit cameras should be purchased from Intel's official online store to help to ensure that you are receiving a quality product. Buying from the Intel store also allows you to return it for a replacement if it has an unsolveable problem. I understand that this is not always possible though if you live in a country that Intel do not ship the camera to directly.

Looking at your system information logs, the most noticeable possible cause of a problem is that your PC's processor has a 3rd generation 'Ivy Bridge' architecture from 2012. The official minimum for the R200 is a newer 4th generation 'Haswell' architecture processor from 2014.

What makes me uncertain that this is the cause though is that in my experience, a PC with a processor that is less than 4th generation usually allows the DCM to be installed, but the camera may not fully work after that (basically, it may just work as an ordinary webcam and not be able to use more advanced features like face tracking). I cannot rule out the possibility though that there is something about your Dell Inspiron 3521 that makes it totally incompatible with the DCM installer.

It also occurs to me to ask if you have the camera plugged into a USB 3.0 port, as the camera does not work with USB 2.0 ports. On your model, the USB 3.0 ports are apparently next to the ethernet port.

0 Kudos
dtaib
Beginner

actually I thought I told you about my processor before but I didn't actually. Where can I find if my processor generation is 3rd or 4th generation?

and can It be fixed?

I mean can I buy a processor in bazar and change my current processor to that one?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you have a laptop, it is extremely unlikely that you could upgrade the processor, unlike desktop PCs where it is relatively easy to change the processor because they are inserted into a socket. Your only upgrade option would be to get an entire laptop from the bazaar. If you only need a 4th generation laptop, this may be quite inexpensive as it is old hardware. The camera would work fine on a desktop PC with an Intel Core 4th gen processor and USB 3.0 port too if the bazaar has those, and they would probably be cheaper than a laptop.

I got the processor number from the system information details you provided. An easy way to find our the details of your processor is to google its code number (for example, i3-3217u). Intel's processor information website, called Ark, will usually be at the top of the list in the search results. On the information page for the processor, it will say something like 'Formerly Ivy Bridge' or 'Formerly Haswell'. You can find out what generation the name refers to using the list below:

Sandy Bridge (2nd gen)

Ivy Bridge (3rd)

Haswell (4th)

Broadwell (5th)

Skylake (6th)

Kaby Lake (7th)

Coffee Lake (8th and newest generation coming this year)

0 Kudos
dtaib
Beginner

You are such an angel. I found the error finally. and I don't throw the camera, I have to throw my pc

Thank you very very much. I made you so tiered.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You're very welcome. I am a user too, so I know how frustrating errors are. Good luck, and please come back here any time if you need more help. Have a great day!

0 Kudos
dtaib
Beginner

MartyG Hi,

I changed my pc but still have the same problem

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm very sorry you are still having problems. What is the specification of your new PC please? Can you provide the system information.

In the case I linked to earlier where someone had the same error as you, they were told that their camera did not have the correct firmware version installed in it. Can you check what your firmware version number is please?

0 Kudos
dtaib
Beginner

how to find firmware number?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

That person was advised to find their firmware number in logs, using this information.

Sadly I have to go to bed now. Hopefully someone else can assist you, or I will return here to your message tomorrow morning. Good luck!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The log lists the firmware number 2.0.68.8.

2.0.68.8 is the version that Intel support member Jesus G said was an incorrect version in the case of the person who had the same error as you, and he asked that user where they had got their camera from. I remember that you got your camera from Amazon and not the official Intel online store.

If you have a genuine Intel RealSense R200 camera, the best way to update to an official R200 firmware would be to go to the RealSense download page, and download and install the 'R200 Camera Driver' listed there. Running that program should overwrite whatever firmware version that you currently have installed. The file installs version 2.1.27.2853.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download Intel® RealSense™ SDK | Intel® Software

0 Kudos