Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Is there any way to control the optimization schedule?

JMent
Novice

Hi All,

Just upgraded to a 32GB Optane module. On the Statistics page of the Optane software it now shows there is an optimization schedule. It hasn't run yet and it's scheduled to run at 2:00AM tomorrow morning. My computer will be off. I googled the web and the Optane support site and came away with nothing other than what's already in the available guide.

Is there any way to manage the schedule so it runs at a time of my choosing? The attached file is what I used to install my Optane. Is there other software I should be using to control my Optane?

Thanks for any advice!

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello John,

This can be changed through the Windows* Task Scheduler:

1. Press the Windows* Key + R key combination to open the Run box, Type "taskschd.msc" and press OK.
  2. Expand the Task Scheduler Library > Intel > and locate the "Intel® Optane™ Memory - Volume Optimization" task in the top center pane.
  3. Right click on this task and go to Properties.
  4. In the Triggers tab you will find the Edit option which will trigger a new window where you will be able to pick a better time.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello John,

This can be changed through the Windows* Task Scheduler:

1. Press the Windows* Key + R key combination to open the Run box, Type "taskschd.msc" and press OK.
  2. Expand the Task Scheduler Library > Intel > and locate the "Intel® Optane™ Memory - Volume Optimization" task in the top center pane.
  3. Right click on this task and go to Properties.
  4. In the Triggers tab you will find the Edit option which will trigger a new window where you will be able to pick a better time.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
JMent
Novice

Thanks once more for clear and concise guidance! Never thought to look there! Maybe these directions need to be incorporated in the next version of the Optane installation and user guide? Or better yet incorporated into the Optane software.

Thanks again!

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello John,

We're always glad to help.

I've submitted your feedback. We're not making any promises, but it would not be at all surprising to see this feature incorporated into a future update of the software.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos