Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

RMS25CB080 + AXXRPFKSSD2

idata
Employee

Hi there,

i got some servers (R2224GZ) with RC RMS25CB080 + AXXRPFKSSD2.

Im able to create VD e.g. RAID 10 etc, but there is no way to create a CacheCade Virtual Drive.

PS : Im using the latest firmware of BIOS and Raidcontroller.

In the WebBios "Managed Advanced Software Options/Features" there is no CacheCade.

Can someone tell me how to enable it?

Thanks alot!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Marco,

If I understand correctly, you are using RMS25CB080 + AXXRPFKSSD2 and you created RAID 10 on Virtual Drive, but not able to create the Cache Cade Virtual drive.

I noticed you mentioned the latest firmware version for the RAID controller. Could you please confirm the version that is running at?

Additionally, I was wondering if could provide a breakdown of the configuration you are using. For instance, how many drives do you have in your RAID 10, and how many SSD drives are you planning to use for the SSD CacheCade?

If possible, please provide us with screenshots of your RAID configuration as shown in the Intel RAID Web Console 2 or WebBios.

Was the virtual drive created before or after installing the key?

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Henry,

Intel Corporation schrieb:

If I understand correctly, you are using RMS25CB080 + AXXRPFKSSD2 and you created RAID 10 on Virtual Drive, but not able to create the Cache Cade Virtual drive.

Yes, right!

I noticed you mentioned the latest firmware version for the RAID controller. Could you please confirm the version that is running at?

Yes, latest Firmware of Controller and BIOS of Board.

Additionally, I was wondering if could provide a breakdown of the configuration you are using. For instance, how many drives do you have in your RAID 10, and how many SSD drives are you planning to use for the SSD CacheCade?

Well I created a RAID10 with 12x 600 GB SAS Drives, and 2x SSD (2x256GB) - this works fine. But there is no option to activate / create CacheCade Pro.

Was the virtual drive created before or after installing the key?

I tried it before and at the same time.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Marco,

Thank you for the update. Please provide us with screenshots of your RAID configuration as shown in the Intel RAID Web Console 2 or WebBios.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

2x 135GB SAS = RAID1

12x 600GB SAS = RAID10

2x 256 GB SSD for Caching.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Marco,

Thank you for the update. I will check on this because the convination on HDD (SAS and SATA SSD).

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Henriy,

im running similar configuration with Raid Controller 9260cv-4i without any problems. Maybe it helps!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Marco,

Thank you for the update. I will gather all the necessary Hardware and run the LAB. Please allow some time and I will get back with you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Marco,

Thank you for your patience. Could you please be so kind and have tried re-sitting the key. If the issue continues, we would appreciate if you could provide us with the complete log file of the RAID controller. You can use the StorCLI utility to capture it.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26820/StorCLI-Standalone-Utility?product=60283 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26820/StorCLI-Standalone-Utility?product=60283

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

can you tell me, how to reset the key?

Your Link isnt working.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

You need to remove the jumper key (AXXRPFKSSD2) from the RAID controller and then reinstall it back. For additional information you can refer to the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/g29824001_axxrpfkssd2_axxrpfkde2_axxrpfksnsh2_ig.pdf Intel(R) RAID Premium Feature Keys Installation Guide.

I checked the link and it is possible that we do not have the equivalent link for your region. Try to go to the link again, once it gets to the Intel page go ahead and chance the location to America > United States.

Let us know if this helps

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm following with you to see if the information provided help or if you need more assistance with the issue.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Problem is solved, the Hardwarekeys didnt work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that the problem was solved. Please reach out if you need more assistance.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.
0 Kudos