cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p - A failure may be imminent Event 52

KOtte
New Contributor

I have an AsRock Z270M Pro4 board with an Intel 600p 512G NVMe (SSDPEKKW512G7X1) It's a few days old.

In the event log, occasionally an event 52 is logged that says:

The driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 has predicted that it will fail. Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

The Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox shows the drive health at 100% and the estimated life remaining at 100%. The button to get the SMART details is greyed out but I can get the Drive Details. SMART is enabled in the BIOS. I'll attach the export from the home screen. I also can not use the Intel SSD Optimizer; the buttons are greyed out.

The event log shows this error 5 times since I installed Windows 10. I think it may occur on a cold start, but I'm not entirely sure.

I have the same SSD in another PC with a Z270 board from MSI, and have not received any errors in the event log about it.

Should I be worried?

Kiran

9 REPLIES 9

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Kiran_Otter,

We understand that your system keeps showing event 52 warning under the event log. First of all, thanks for the log provided, from the log we can see that the firmware on the drive can be updated, we would like you to please update the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26491/Intel-SSD-Firmware-Update-Tool?product=80097 firmware using this tool.In case the ISO is not booting up (CD or USB flash drive), please try setting your BIOS to boot mode: Legacy.Once you have the latest firmware of the drive, could you please monitor how the SSD behaves?We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C

KOtte
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. After many retries and changing various BIOS settings I finally got the USB firmware update to boot AND where it could see the NVMe SSD. I wish I had taken notes on how I finally got it to work in case it would help someone else.

If I get the error again I'll let you know.

Kiran

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Kiran_Otter,

That's good to hear.About the warnings, we believe that the drive may not be bad or having an issue, this may be related to something else; However, please keep us posted if you see any other warning about it.Regards,Nestor C

KOtte
New Contributor

I'm still getting the same event in the event log. It logged it when I logged in, which could coincide with the loading of the IAStorUI. I have the same SSD in my main PC and don't get this event logged, but I've also discovered the SSD doesn't appear in the IAStorUI utility. Probably because the BIOS isn't set to the Optane/RAID mode. I'm going to experiment with changing that.

Meanwhile I've logged in and out and rebooted with and without the IAStorUI utility enabled at startup and I can't determine what triggers this event to be logged.

Kiran