Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Kabylake - Is HDCP 2.2 is available over displayport

MBren7
Beginner

Can anyone confirm whether HDCP 2.2 is available over displayport

I have an Asus Z270F motherboard with i5-7600K processor, running Windows 10 64Bit Creator's Build.

When connected HDMI to my Panasonic 4K TV, Cyberlink UHD Blu-Ray advisor test GPU/Display HDCP 2.2 - PASS

When connected my HDCP 2.2 capable display via displayport Cyberlink UHD Blu-Ray advisor test GPU/Display HDCP 2.2 - FAIL

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello whirlpool,

According to the processor datasheet, http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/7th-gen-core-family-desktop-s-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html Datasheet, Vol. 1: 7th Gen Intel® Processor Family for S Platforms, the processor support HDCP 2.2 for 4k premium content protection over wired displays(HDMI*, DVI and DisplayPort*). I would like to know what happens when you play HDCP content via DP, do you get any error message?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MBren7
Beginner

Playing HDCP content via DP works OK, no errors.

Over DP Cyberlink's 4K UHD Blu-Ray Advisor gives the result GPU/Display HDCP 2.2 – Not Available

Over HDMI (To 4K PanasonicTV) Cyberlink's 4K UHD Blu-Ray Advisor gives the result GPU/Display HDCP 2.2 –PASS

My Display's displayport connection passes this test when connected to another HDCP 2.2 compliant GPU

Could the DP port on the motherboard (Asus Z270F)affect whether HDCP 2.2 is preserved. ?

……………..the processor supports HDCP 2.2 for 4k premium content protection over wireddisplays – Including DVI in that list seems unlikely. Does DVI even support HDCP 2.2 ?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MBren7
Beginner

Amy C,

Look at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/7th-gen-core-family-desktop-s-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html Datasheet, Vol. 1: 7th Gen Intel® Processor Family for S Platforms Page 44 Table 2-25 HDCP Display Supported Implications Table in the document you referenced (by the way, there's no mention of DVI as supporting HDCP 2.2, which is exactly I would have expected)

Since I have observed that with a different GPU over the same Displayport connection Cyberlink's 4K UHD Blu-Ray Advisor gives the result GPU/Display HDCP 2.2 – PASS, Is it possible that the Intel HD Graphics 630 driver is making an incorrect assumption about the capabilities of the display ? The driver must be incorrectly concluding the display supports HDCP1.4.

What capability of the display is the driver querying to reach that conclusion ?

Mike

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Mike, thanks for this information.

Our Intel® HD Graphics driver and the also the processor support HDCP 2.2 over HDMI or DP, this you were able to confirm it on the datasheet; however, is up to the computer manufacturer if it is implemented over both display outputs. So I would recommend getting in contact with Asus to confirm if the support is implemented over your DisplayPort.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MBren7
Beginner

Amy C,

Very difficult to get anything out of Asus, other than a fairly useless dogmatic response - 'HDCP 2.2 requires DisplayPort 1.4'.

Whereas HDCP 2.2 can in fact be implemented over HDMI 1.4 onwards, displayport 1.2 onwards (as shown by the i5-7600K spec).

But, thanks anyway for your input.

Mike

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure Mike, you're welcome.

This time you could talk to them and share this conversation, especially the datasheet where it states that "HDCP 2.2 for 4k premium content protection over wired displays(HDMI*, DVI and DisplayPort*)" is supported.

Hope that can help to get more answers.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos