Items with no label
3335 Discussions

infrared streams missing on raspberry Pi 3

RMazz3
Beginner

Hello, I am trying to open an infrared stream on raspberry without success.

I tried both on Raspbian Stretch and on Ubuntu Mate for raspberry.

On a PC -usb3 and the same camera I am able to use realsense-viewer to see both left and right streams.

Using usb2 on the same PC I can only see one IR stream + depth.

On the raspberry, usb 2, I can see none.

Being that I also miss low resolution modes on the raspberry, it does seem to be an issue with modes not available for some reason.

Thanks, ENLITEON

On both raspberry installation the utility "rs-enumerate-devices" returns the following:

NOTE that no IR streaming modes are listed

NOTE: checking again what follows I just noticed that rs-enumerate-devices thinks the interface is USB1. Why?

Device info:

Name : Intel RealSense D435

Serial Number : 752112070165

Firmware Version : 05.09.14.00

Recommended Firmware Version : 05.09.09.02

Physical Port : /sys/devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.0/video4linux/video1

Debug Op Code : 15

Advanced Mode : YES

Product Id : 0B07

Usb Type Descriptor : 2.1

Stream Profiles supported by Stereo Module

Supported modes: stream resolution fps format

Depth 1280x720 @ 6Hz Z16

Depth 1280x720 @ 4Hz Z16

Depth 640x480 @ 30Hz Z16

Depth 640x480 @ 15Hz Z16

Depth 640x480 @ 6Hz Z16

Depth 640x480 @ 4Hz Z16

Depth 480x270 @ 60Hz Z16

Depth 480x270 @ 30Hz Z16

Depth 480x270 @ 15Hz Z16

Depth 480x270 @ 6Hz Z16

Depth 480x270 @ 4Hz Z16

Stream Profiles supported by RGB Camera

Supported modes: stream resolution fps format

Color 1280x720 @ 6Hz RGB8

.. ok these are not a problem etc etc ..

Color 424x240 @ 6Hz YUYV

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi ENLITEON,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D435 camera.

Unfortunately, all RealSense cameras so far require USB3, that the Raspberry Pi 3 is missing.

This document describes how to use the Intel RealSense D400 cameras on Raspberry PI 3:

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/RaspberryPi3.md

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
RMazz3
Beginner

Hi Alexandra,

unfortunately your response does not help.

As per the information contained in the link you mentioned, RealSense D400 does support USB2 since FW release 5.08.14.0 and on.

We can witness that this statement is definitely true.

This was not the case with series R200.

We would truly appreciate if you could read again our initial post and respond to that.

Thank you in advance.

ENLITEON

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If it says USB 1-1 then I would not be concerned about that. This status is seen on some devices that use USB 2.0 mode. The USB 2.0 standard was an extension of USB 1 to provide additional speed.

As SDK 2.0 uses the OpenGL standard to access and display streams, and the Raspberry Pi implementation of SDK 2.0 requires the activation of OpenGL (see the Pi documentation link in the earlier comment), a problem with OpenGL would be my primary candidate for the cause of your problems.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mr. Mazzurco,

Thank you for being patient with us while we work to recreate the issue you are having with your RealSense camera. We are currently working on a Raspberry Pi and are ultimately attempting to open an infrared stream as well. However, we have encountered several other issues with our Raspberry Pi that are preventing us from reproducing your issue.

We are reaching out to the developers to see if there is any workaround for the Infrared stream not opening and we will get back to you as soon as we hear something. However, please keep in mind that both the Raspberry Pi platform and USB 2 support in general are experimental features and thus are not extensively validated.

Regards,

Sahira

Intel Customer Support

RMazz3
Beginner

Thanks, Sahira.

We can add a few more clues:

• we are using Raspbian Stretch and LibRealSense 2.14
  • for the D435 the infrared streams are missing from the list of available modes
  • for D415 the infrared streams are indeed present in the list of available modes
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Enliteon,

We have some troubleshooting steps that may help us diagnose the issue.

1. Only Plug in the D415 and type "lsusb -v | tee lsusb_415.log", and also type "dmesg | tee dmesg_415.log"

2. Only Plug in the D435 and type"lsusb -v | tee lsusb_435.log", and also type "dmesg | tee dmesg_435.log"

Send us all log files and we will analyze them to find why the D435 does not work.

Regards,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Enliteon,

Good news. We were finally able to reproduce your problem and find a solution.

Simply upgrade your camera's firmware to v 5.10.3 and you will be able to stream IR on your D435 camera.

You can find the FW and instructions at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28076/Latest-Firmware-for-Intel-RealSense-D400-Product-Family.

Please let us know if this resolves your problem.

Regards,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
RMazz3
Beginner

We confirm the problem is solved.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would like to reopen this issue. The firmware update allows access to the left infrared camera, but not the right camera.

This works:

config.enable_stream(rs.stream.infrared, 640, 480, rs.format.y8, 30)

This works:

config.enable_stream(rs.stream.infrared, 1, 640, 480, rs.format.y8, 30)

This does not work:

config.enable_stream(rs.stream.infrared, 2, 640, 480, rs.format.y8, 30)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "infrared_stream.py", line 16, in

profile = pipeline.start(config)

RuntimeError: Couldn't resolve requests

The same code runs fine on OSX. Latest firmware, latest SDK, RealSense D435 on a Raspbery Pi 3B+ running Ubuntu Mate.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi sam598,

Raspberry Pi has only USB 2 ports and only one IR stream is supported on USB 2 by the RealSense camera. That IR stream is the left imager since that is the reference point for depth.

Running rs-enumrate-devices will show that INFRARED, and INFRARED 1 are supported. No other configuration has been validated or is supported.

Regards,

Alexandra