Items with no label
3335 Discussions

DFU install on nvidia TX2 Ubuntu16

TMICH
Beginner

I get the attached errors when I run the Intel RealSense Viewer v2.13.0 on my nvidia TX2. (see attached images) Is there away to correct this problem for the arm processor?

I could install to an intel computer and do the firmware upgrade for the camera. would that correct issue on the TX2 though?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

ARM support for the RealSense 400 Series cameras continues to get better over time. I would always recommend updating to the latest firmware if possible though in order to gain the fixes and advantages in those new releases.

Cases involving these errors are difficult to diagnose, so please forgive me if I ask a lot of questions during the process. The first question I would ask is: are you using the original short USB cable that was supplied with the camera, or are you using your own cable?

Also, do you find that the errors (except for the firmware warning) go away if you unplug the camera, plug it back in and try activating the stream again?

Sahira_Intel

Hi nvidiaTX2,

After updating your firmware and trying the unplug-plug method mentioned above, were you able to correct the problem you were getting?

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Regards,

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
TMICH
Beginner

I still get the following install issues...

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi nvidiaTX2,

Please remember that the RealSense team does not officially support the Jetson line of devices, and there are sometimes issues with running librealsense on Jetson.

If you are running your RealSense camera on a USB 3.0 port, and have upgraded to the latest firmware and are still getting the error, you could try to re install librealsense altogether to ensure that there wasn't an issue in installation. To install from scratch, follow the instructions posted here:

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/installation_jetson.md librealsense/installation_jetson.md at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

Please let us know if you continue to encounter any issues.

Regards,

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
TJoyn
Beginner

Why doesn't Intel just release the source for the dfu flasher?

I already had my way with it once in radare for a different reason, and there's nothing proprietary or hidden in there.

0 Kudos